68%
    Monthly Activity
    0.15%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Format of 2nd Appeal to CIC

The format for 2nd Appeal to CIC provided in this forum has following declaration to be given by the appellant :

Declaration
    I hereby state that the information and particulars given above are true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I also declare that this matter is not previously filed with the Commission nor is pending with any Court or Tribunal or Authority.

What is the implication of this declaration as the 2nd Appeal arises because :

(1)the CPIO/FAA has not supplied the requested info or the appellant is not satisfied with the informatiuon provided.
    (2) A situation may be where in some case pending before Hon'ble court or a Tribunal some of the information which has been requested by an appellant may have some relevance or might need examination/cross-examination.
    (3) What is the meaning of the phrase in the declaration " I also declare that THIS MATTER is not previously filed with the Commission nor is ........ or authority."

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.51%
    Monthly Activity
    3.72%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Format of 2nd Appeal to CIC

This is just to avoid duplication of orders from two different authorities.

1. By all means go for Second Appeal to CIC and give that certificate
    2. You can still give that certificate, because the matter pending in court is not regarding the RTI application, the PIO's reply or the FAA order - even though the subject matter might be same.
    For example: You have a suit pending against the Government regarding some taxation matter. You file a RTI application to get some copies of correspondence, etc. The subject matter is same but the issue is different.
    Last edited by karira; 01-18-2009 at 01:19 PM.

Name:
    me
    Total Downloaded
    RTI Activity - Stats
    RTI Activity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0.15%
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Re: Format of 2nd Appeal to CIC

Suppose I file Second Appeal u/s 19 of RTI Act along with decalaration.

After some time I want to file a COMPLAINT u/s 18 of RTI Act, in this case what should I do ? Should I file a declation with the COMPLAINT saying I have already filed a Sencond Appeal ? OR there is no need for declaration for filing a COMPLAINT.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android

Newsletter Subscription