- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
- What's new in this club
drarpit posted a topic in RTI for Citizens's RTI for Citizens Topics"Indian Council for Social Welfare" is a registered NGO- Non-Governmental Organisation. Council is a legal entity and is registered under Societies Registration Act 1860 in New Delhi, India.
I know RTI India is not forum for unrelated topics, but I was forced by my conscience to start this discussion or rather condolence messages. It’s up to the RTI Team, to consider this discussion as appropriate or not. This is a request to all the users to write a line of condolence message for the undefeated soul who succumbed to the injuries of her tormentors, but unleashed her fearless soul to become a part of each one of us. Please don’t write any violent, hateful or agitating message, let us keep our anger for later, now put a simple condolence message & put your name, your city at the end of your message. I cannot find anything better to describe than The Gita – “ ... na hanyate hanyamane sarire.” The soul is immortal and is not destroyed when the body is destroyed. I pray to almighty to put her soul to each Indian heart... ~Amit Das, Kolkata.
There are a majority of Indian population who are unaware of RTI. Many of our countrymen who knows about RTI, thinks it as a tool to get whatever they demand as their right. Some think this as a tool to raise complaints againts those whom they have grudge. Govt Authorities are yet to create mass awareness, through its various channels and vast resource base. Many of these people doesn't have access to internet and is unable to put their query to anyone. We can be their voice, we can put their question in this forum, we can give them the answers, in this way we will be ultimately enhancing our own knowledge... I would request you all to share your stories, where you have faced a friend, acquaintance, family member, relative, or a totally unknown person, a complete stranger regarding RTI. Your mission statement in creating awareness. Your idea to outreach more and more citizens. Anything to bring RTI closer to the common faces of India.