The initial aim of this group is -
1. Make Citizens Aware of RTI Act 2005.
2. Awareness not only through internet, but through mouth2ear informative campaigns.
3. Resolve queries raised by the citizens, not having access to internet.
4. Involve the common citizens in using the benefits of RTI.
5. Prevent misinformation and misconceptions among citizens regarding RTI.
The proposed amendments to the Right to Information Act, which reportedly seek to downgrade the status of the chief information commissioner and information commissioners, reduce the autonomy of this constitutional institution and are, consequently, an assault on the right to information and democracy.