venkat.avms

Can we get Information by filing RTI on Industries?

Question

venkat.avms

Dear Users,

Can I get information under RTI act from the Industries/Factories which are registered and comes under the Department of Labour & Employment?

Thanks,

Venkat

12 answers to this question

madhyapradesh

I suggest rather file a RTI to Department of Labour & Employment asking about the Industries/Factories which are registered.

venkat.avms

Thanks for your replies... I am Preparing my RTI application to send to Department of Labour & Employment

venkat.avms

I downloaded the RTI hand book from the Department of Labour & Employment Chennai from their website.

I got the Details of PIO & Address to Send my RTI application from that.

But I am not clear about the detail of application fees to be submitted along with my RTI application.

I have taken the following details from the RTI hand book.

I have to take a Demand Draft from bank for Rs.50/- I am clear in this point.

In favour of ________ & Payable at___________ these details I am not clear about. Please suggest me how to complete this by reading the following details from the RTI hand book.

1.6 The procedure and fee structure for getting information are as

under:-

(a) A request for obtaining information under sub-section (1) of

section 6 of the RTI Act shall be made in writing or through

electronic means either in person or by post to the Public

Information Officer mentioned in paragraph 1.4 above and must be

accompanied by an application fee of Rs.50/- by cash or by demand

draft or banker’s cheque. The Public Information Officer shall

credit the amount to the following head of account :-

“0075.00 Miscellaneous General Services – 800.Other receipts – BK.

Collection of fees under Tamil Nadu Right to Information (Fees)

Rules 2005” (DPC 0075 00 800 BK 0006)

The applicant may also remit the fee under the above head of

account through Treasury / Pay and Accounts Office / State Bank of

India / Reserve Bank of India and produce the chalan to the Public

Information Officer as an evidence for having remitted the fee.

ambrish.p

a. It is incorrect. You may refer: TAMILNADU RIGHT TO INFORMATION RULES - Guide

b. RTI application fee is Rs.10/ and it can be paid by affixing non-judicial court fee stamp on the application and cross signing by the applicant. This stamp is available with stamp vendors in/near courts. The office referred by you seems under TN Govt so they need to follow TN RTI rules.

c. FOR help in framing technically correct RTI application (read the attachment/s in the post), please read: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/94205-rti-help-can-we-ask-attestation-documents-provided-govt-office.html#post231006

Regards

Ambrish

RAVEENA_O
Can I get information under RTI act from the Industries/Factories which are registered and comes under the Department of Labour & Employment?

What information do you want to seek from the Dept of Lablour and Employment?

I suggest rather file a RTI to Department of Labour & Employment asking about the Industries/Factories which are registered.

Please check up whether there is a prescribed departmental procedure for obtaining information regarding industries / factories registered (as that of Sec-610 of the Companies Act). If so, you have to invoke the departmental provision, rather than RTI Act.

venkat.avms
a. It is incorrect. You may refer: TAMILNADU RIGHT TO INFORMATION RULES - Guide

b. RTI application fee is Rs.10/ and it can be paid by affixing non-judicial court fee stamp on the application and cross signing by the applicant. This stamp is available with stamp vendors in/near courts. The office referred by you seems under TN Govt so they need to follow TN RTI rules.

My Issue is relating to the Employee welfare and Employee Rights in Private Industries.

While searching online, we can found there are two relevant departments. one is Dept.of Labour located in DMS complex Tenampet, Chennai and second is Dept of Labour and Employment, Secretariat, Chennai.

RTI hand books of both departments are available. But The Dept.of Labour is functioning only under the Dept.of Labour and Employment.

The RTI handbook having incorrect information belongs to the Dept of Labour and Employment(mostly deals government Employment).

Since my issue is relating to a Private Industry, I have to file RTI to Dept of Labour only.

That RTI handbook website:http://www.tn.gov.in/rti/proactive/labour/handbook-labour.pdf

1.Here the Application Fees mentioned as Rs.10/- which is correct as per the Tamilnadu Right to Information Rules.

2.But option of Court stamp is not given.

Shall I use Court stamp as per TN RTI Rules?

Venkat

venkat.avms
What information do you want to seek from the Dept of Lablour and Employment?

Please check up whether there is a prescribed departmental procedure for obtaining information regarding industries / factories registered (as that of Sec-610 of the Companies Act). If so, you have to invoke the departmental provision, rather than RTI Act.

I need to get my service certificates from my Previous employer which is a Private company where I was working for 2.5 years.Their head/main office is in Chennai. I got EPF & even Bonus from them after my resignation but they are purposely blocking my service certificates. So, I am unemployed now.

So, since there is a option to get them by using RTI, I preparing my RTI application.

Prasad GLN

I suggest the best way for payment of fees is through Challan in SBI stating the head. The challan forms are available in Treasury branches of SBI. (Such an important rules and regulations without mentioning the name of payee's name for taking a draft at a state like TN is highly deplorable) or else just telephone to PIO as per his telephone number given and ask him in whose name the demand draft should be taken for filing RTI.

RAVEENA_O

I think it is better to approach a good lawyer and appropriate judicial forum. RTI may not be useful for private entities.

The Supreme Court in the case of Thalappalam Service Co-operative Bank Vs State of Kerala held that the Co-operative societies are subject to the control of the statutory authorities like Registrar, Joint Registrar, the Government, etc. but it can’t be said that the State exercises any direct or indirect control over the affairs of the society which is deep and all permeant. The power exercised by the Registrar over the societies is merely supervisory and regulatory. The mere supervision or regulation as such by a statute or otherwise of a body would not make that body a public authority within the meaning of Section 2(h)(d)(i) of the RTI Act.

Statutory authorities exercising control may possess information received in terms of the statutory provisions from the private company. Service Certificate may not be one such information available with the Statutory Authorities.

advocatenitinsharma

No as per present law private factory industry does not come within the ambit of rti because rti act does not ask to appoint an information officer to such types of industry.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using RTI INDIA mobile app

venkat.avms
I suggest RTI.

Thanks for your reply

No

Ok, but still I have the option to file RTI to the Dept of Labour Govt of TamilNadu & Central Govt since there are many PIOs & APIOs are available according to the act.

invoke the departmental provision, rather than RTI Act.

I am trying to reconcile with the Company HR at present... then I have other procedures also