Fighteripc498a

RTI for Delay in Delivery of Registerd Post

Question

Fighteripc498a

Hi seniors,

I need your help for framing the R TI form to CPIO of Indian Post,Chennai. The background, is , i had the registered letter to one of relative on 4, Feb 2013, but it is delivered on 13 th of Feb. But in the meantime, then my relative downplayed with Local Postmen and read all the content by not accepting the delivery with the bribing local Post man. After reading content , he has taken all the action as if it was not delivred to him but on the records in acknowledgment that it is delivered only 13/2/2013.

I would like to uncover all matters with RTI for the reason for delayed delivery and each/every event happened after submitting to the Post office.

i would need your assistance to frame RTI form to dig each and every details of the event , to save from harassment faced by me and family.

also share the sample RTI on this regards,

Thanks,

Raghu

18 answers to this question

ambrish.p

Dear Raghu

a. Please read:

Delivery Status Of Speed Post - National Concerns Initiatives

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/11522-little-success-story-postal-department.html

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/50329-how-get-compensation-delay-speedpost-delivery.html#post123404

b. SInce delivery was badly delayed so file complaint and claim for refund of postal charges and reasonable compensation (as you deem fit) and in case of no action file RTI for action taken report.

c. In RTI application add:

1. Date of receipt of the article in concerned delivery office.

2. Name and designation of the delivery staff, entrusted to deliver this article.

3. No. of delivery attempts made by the above staff.

4. Dates when these delivery attempts were made.

5.Reason for non-delivery in each delivery attempt made by the official.

6. Reason (as on record) for delayed delivery of article.

Please modify the points to suit your requirements.

Regards

Ambrish

Prasad GLN

Please focus on what you wish to achieve finally after getting information and how is it possible to establish what all is assumed. Post men are always clever, maintain good relations with such helping locals, and even if they are available, they can write remark "door closed", Party not available etc., Let us not waste our resources on such simple issues out of hurt ego, reacting spontaneously. Forget and try to find other remedies, as RTI is not the right route to find a solution to your problem. (to find a solution through RTI it takes minimum of 18 months). Try to lodge complaint,or PGRMS grievance portal which can be more effective, less time consuming and less expensive.

Still if you persist, the queries are sufficient for filing RTI application.

Fighteripc498a

Mr.Prasad,

I already made a complaint on Indian post portal, they informed as "The delay in delivery could not be verified at this later stage." I would want to know what is the reason for the delay in delivery , be it anything, but want to let the Post men about consequences ( remark on him) if he does it again.

I want to let the Post man and my opposite party know that I started digging their mis deeds.

How to lodge complaint PGRMS grievnence?

jps50

It is difficult to prove your averments as above. Even if you lodge complaint against postman, you will not be able to prove it. RTI will only get you what is on record which in this case is journey of envelope, which you could have got by tracking it on India Post | Home. Now a days registered articles do take 7 to 15 days to reach depending upon destination and posting stations.

Prasad GLN

Just search the site PGRMS or any PSU site that contains PGRMS like BPCL it is much easier to file complaint and you need pay single paisa for complaint and your complaint will be registered immediately and as per citizen charter your complaint can be resolved maximum within two months. The envelope is not with you and it will be with opposite party, otherwise you can even file make a complaint before District Forum though you can not expect to win without establishing the deficiency of service.

Fighteripc498a

JPS,

India post ---the status shows that details not available for the reference ID of Registered post . I am not here to prove anything, I just want to let the post man and my Opposite Gang know that I started digging things, be it any results or any favours.

Atlest , I will be knowing the what had happened and whats on record first to know in details about everything before coming to any conclusion. More the soruce and destination is within Tamilnadu, the article/post will be deliverd within 3-4 days of submission.

Fighteripc498a

Prasad,

Thanks, I found the link for PGRMS from India post url itself.

:: Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government ::.

Also help me with sample form to cover all details to ask for from CPIO on this case.

Prasad GLN

There is no sample form. Write in brief notes what ever you wish to state like postman not delivering the cover, dept., not giving track and reasons for delay and inconvenience caused due to abnormal delay. Anything you wish, you may add in the space provided. Filling form is simple.

Sunil Ahya

> Ideally one should get a complete detailed track report online for a period of a month or so from the date on which an article had been booked, this track report clearly shows the number of delivery attempts made, the success or failure of the delivery attempt etc.

It is difficult to get these details through online track report now at such a late date.

> Standard Delivery Time Period -

For Registered Post - Within local & between two Metro cities is 3 days and the rest of India is 5 to 7 days.

For Speed Post - 2 days.

> If delivery time is a matter of concern then one should prefer booking an article by Speed Post and for Proof of Delivery:

Track the delivery status on internet, and when the status shows "Delivered" take a hard copy print out of the Track Report or save a its soft copy in pdf format on one's computer, as a Proof of Delivery.

> For India Post Citizens Charter for ​Service Standards, please refer to the following link:

Fighteripc498a

Mr.Abi,

Thanks for the details. Online the details not available as of now, hence planned for RTI.

Mr.Prasad,

Thanks , I posted in PGRMS portal, it is effective now.

sharmajee

I am told as per postal dept rules you may lodge the grievance regarding late/ improper delivery of post or not receiving acknowledgement due (proof of delivery), with in one month of sending the article to respective post master or higher authorities. While accepting such complaint you are obliged to produce original receipt for their verification.

RAVEENA_O

* It took 9 days for delivery of your Regd Post Article against prescribed 7 days. You can make complaint for delay.

* In future, prefer to dispatch by SPEED POST, so that you can monitor delay, esp when the Postman withhold delivery (as suspected by you).

Fighteripc498a

Is there a formal process laid out registered post delivery and intimation, attempts & return to Sender? where do we get ? please help me , how many attempts can Post man can do if door locked? when he can return it sender?

Also what are all the documents, register he or his manager has to update the status on the initimation, door locked or attempt to delivery or respone from Addresee on attempts?

Please assist on this.

Fighteripc498a

hello, I already lodged complaint. They responded back like door locked, hence the delay of delivery. this is reason, i wan to know the document they will updated on their office , to record the door locked, and attempts made to delivery, so that i can ask for all copies for the document through RTI.

let me know.

utubewala

i have filed a complaint on indiapost.gov.in website and now i want to file RTI for steps taken who is the PIO of Thane (Maharashtra)

Prasad GLN

Please avoid posting through e mail through gmail, rediffmail, yahoo etc., as several messages are not being delivered to Govt., offices and I understand that officials have been directed to remove private id and has to use only nic.in.