- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
New Delhi, July 17: A woman, who is in a legal wrangle for maintenance, has been allowed by the Central Information Commission (CIC) details about salary of her husband, working for a public sector power company.
Ritu Sharma, in an RTI application, had sought the salary certificate of Daya Sharma, her husband and a senior employee with power generation major NTPC, alleging that he had misled a family court hearing her maintenance petition.
In response to the application, NTPC's chief Public Information Officer had denied the information stating that the disclosure, related to personal information of a third party, would cause "unwarranted incursion of the privacy".
Terming the denial of information as "untenable", the CIC directed the CPIO to provide the details within 15 days to the applicant, a resident of Raipur in Chattisgarh.
"All the public authorities are under the obligation under the Right to Information Act to disclose salaries of their employees," Information Commissioner M M Ansari said, while allowing Ritu's application.
The Commission held that the monthly remuneration received by each of its (public authority) officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations should be published.
Zee News - CIC allows estranged woman details about husband`s salary=
My wife who has filed for divorce is working in firm and is taking monthly maintenance even though she is earning. Now to get the details of the PF amount deducted form her salary can I ask the PF office to give her details. She is claming maintenance that she has left the job.