bala.pv

No reply from Tamil Nadu SIC for the 2nd appeal made 5 months ago

Question

bala.pv

Dear Friends

I sent a 2nd appeal to Tamil Nadu SIC on 29th Aug 2013. Even after nearly 5 months i did not receive any reply from them so far

I have personally went to TN SIC office but no proper response. How to deal with this & how to proceed further?

Thank you

4 answers to this question

jps50

Due to huge pendency in various information commissions of country there is time lag of 9 to 36 months for deciding appeals. There is no tracking system as yet at state info. commissions. You may wait and check cause list at Tamil Nadu Information Commission. I hope you have mailed by registered ad post or speed post and its delivery can be checked at India Post | Home.

Since I do not know Tamil, you may check from following link present hearing of appeals:

http://www.tnsic.gov.in/judgements/dispmonwise.asp?mth=11&yrn=2013

Sunil Ahya

In Tamil Nadu State Information Commission, a second appeal hearing typically takes place within two to four months of having filed a second appeal.

You may speak to the Registrar of Tamil Nadu State Information Commission (TNSIC) on the following telephone number and see if he can guide you (please be polite while speaking on telephone):

TNSIC Registrar - 044 - 24357584

karira
In Tamil Nadu State Information Commission, a second appeal hearing typically takes place within two to four months of having filed a second appeal.

Don't go just by the cause list on the SIC website.

There are always "wheels within wheels"!

Sunil Ahya
Don't go just by the cause list on the SIC website.

There are always "wheels within wheels"!

I have not gone by the cause list on the SIC website, but on the basis of my telephonic conversation with the TNSIC Registrar, and for the same reason I had provided his tel. no. too.

I would appreciate if the poster "bala.pv" updates us at the forum with his own findings.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Atul Patankar
      By Atul Patankar
      As reported by Jeeva at timesofindia.indiatimes.com on 18 September 2009

CHENNAI: V Santhanam, a social worker from Chromepet, is upset with the Tamil Nadu State Information Commission (TNSIC). And with good reason -the Commission, which passes orders everyday directing various public authorities to reply to queries raised under the Right To Information (RTI) Act, has failed to respond to Santhanam's RTI application even though seven months have passed since he filed it.

Santhanam had asked TNSIC to give him the number of appeals received and disposed of in the last three years, the number of public information officers penalised by it for refusing to provide information within the stipulated time of 30 days, their names and details and whether they paid the fine amount.

As there was no reply for his application dated February 13, 2009, Santhanam chose to file a fresh application last month. This too evinced no reply.

Santhanam is not the only applicant unhappy with TNSIC's silence.

Source: RTI applicants sore over info commission?s silence - Chennai - City - NEWS - The Times of India
    • smbhappy
      By smbhappy
      The Hindu : Tamil Nadu News : Report in land grab case need not be disclosed to public: Information panel
      Report in land grab case need not be disclosed to public: Information panel

Shyam Ranganathan

CHENNAI: The report submitted by the Tiruvallur Collector in the Justice P.D. Dinakaran land grab case need not be disclosed to the public, the Tamil Nadu Information Commission has ruled in a recent order.

Ruling against petitioner V. Madhav, who had sought the documents under the Right to Information Act, the Commission accepted the Collector's affidavit that access need not be given to the documents under Sections 8(1)© and 8(1)(h) of the Act.

Section 8(1)© provides exemption to “information, the disclosure of which will cause a breach of privilege of Parliament or the State legislature.” Section 8(1)(h) provides exemption to “information, which will impede the process of investigation or apprehension or prosecution of offenders.”

Mr. Madhav, however, argued that both the Collector and the Commission had not explained where breach of privilege would be committed or how the process of investigation would be impeded.

He pointed out that a 2007 Delhi High Court order had specifically stated that “the authority withholding information must show satisfactory reasons as to why the release of such information will hamper the investigation process.”

The order had added further that “such reasons should be germane, and the opinion of the process being hampered should be reasonable and based on some material. Sans this consideration, Section 8 (1) (h) and other such provisions will become a haven for dodging demands for information.”

Mr. Madhav added a media entity had obtained possession of the documents and it was only reasonable that the documents be also made available to the general public.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy