News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
rajeshdchamp

whom to address the rti??

Question

rajeshdchamp

I came across a reply from psu recruitment team...i was shocked to see that obc category cutoff is higher than general category cutoff..!!

As per clear assumptions they clearly not treated obc candidate clearing general cutoff as general candidate!!

I want to get such notification if any of hon'ble supreme court or HRD ministry or obc commission!!

Rather first i ask the same to the company pio!

Kindly help me to identify the department!!

9 answers to this question

rajeshdchamp

i filed an online rti to department of personnel and training regarding the same!!

Sunil Ahya

You may seek information as follows:

1. Please provide a certified photocopy of Rules, Regulations, Policy, Circular, Government Resolution, Office Memorandum, Case Law, Provisions of an Act or any other provision in a law for the time being in force, wherein has been noted the criteria for OBC Category Cutoff and General Category Cutoff, for the purpose of PSU recruitment team.

2. Similarly .....

rajeshdchamp

thanku abhi sir..!! i already drafted the same as similar lyk ur response!!

RAVEENA_O

Cut off is decided based on availability of posts and the marks obtained by each category of candidates and vary from selection to selection. Cut off as such may not be defined in any policy document. You may seek the certified copy of the [1] Reservation policy with respect to SC, ST & OBC in open recruitment, [2] Selection process for recruitment of SC, ST & OBC in Open Recruitment.

There is no reservation for open category. From the merit list, 50% posts to be filled up from top most caididates in merit list, irrespective of their category (even if they are SC/ST/OBC) and it be treated as General Merit. Out of the remaining 50% posts, 15% to be picked up in the order or merit from SC, 7.5% from ST and 25% from OBC.

Looking to the policy, the chances of selecting General Candidate scoring less than OBC may ONLY be due to horizontal reservation i.e. Physically handicapped, Ex-servicemen etc.

Please check up the whole selection list. If such candidates are more than 5% of the total list, the selection may have eratic application of reservation policy and you can take up the issue with concerned administrative Ministry of the PSU for scrapping the selection.

If you have necessary documents- list of selected candidates (category wise), notification indicating posts reserved, evidence of eratic application of reservatino policy, you can challenge the selection by filing Writ Petition.

rajeshdchamp

thankyou raveena mam,

l got only cutoff marks from the psu but not the maximum marks & respective weightage of the interview and written ..!!

They denied the list of marks and category of selected candidate citing 8(1)(j)..

i already filed an addendum to the first appeal fr the same..!

but i was shocked to see that the obc category cutoff is higher than general cutoff.!

i filed the online rti asking reservation policy and notifications iissued from the departmnt of personnel and training..

can i ask the same question as suggested by you from the concerned psu by writing a fresh rti or not??

RAVEENA_O
thankyou raveena mam,

l got only cutoff marks from the psu but not the maximum marks & respective weightage of the interview and written ..!!

They denied the list of marks and category of selected candidate citing 8(1)(j)..

i already filed an addendum to the first appeal fr the same..!

but i was shocked to see that the obc category cutoff is higher than general cutoff.!

i filed the online rti asking reservation policy and notifications iissued from the departmnt of personnel and training..

can i ask the same question as suggested by you from the concerned psu by writing a fresh rti or not??

You should file fresh RTI Application (by speed post) before the PIO of the PSU and seek -

Please supply me the following information with respect to the Selection for the post of .............................. notified vide Employment Notice No. /

Notification No. .................. issued on ............................... by ............................(PSU).

[1] Certified copy of the Reservation Policy, and the process of selection of candidates in General, SC, ST & OBC categories in .... ....PSU.

[2] List of all the candidates selected in order of general merit list, showing Marks obtained by each of them and their category i.e. whether Unserved (UR), SC, ST & OBC.

[3] List of all the candidates selected, categorywise against each type of quota, i.e. Unserved (UR), SC, ST & OBC indicating the marks obtained by each of them and their category i.e. Unserved, SC, ST & OBC.

[4] List of SC, ST & OBC candidates scored well to find a place in general merit list equivalent to 50% of the posts notified to be filled in and whose names are included in the unserved Category select list based on general merit list.

[5] List of Unreserved Category Candidates selected against Unreserved Category vacancy, who have scored less marks than the OBC candidates selected against OBC Category vacancies.

[6] List of OBC Candidates scored more marks than the last candidate selected against Unreserved Category (general) vacancy, selected in the process of selection.

[7] List of candidates selected against PH Quota, Ex-servicemen quota, or any other horizontal reservation quota, duly indicating Marks obtained by them, their specific horizontal reservation qhota i.e. PH, Ex-Servicemen, their category i.e. Unreserved, SC, ST & OBC.

While you have not asked for the copy of answer sheets of other candidates, the marks obtained by the candidates are not exempted under Sec-8(1)(j). The marks obtained by candidates are required to be disclosed, though the copy of answer sheets of other candidates are not disclossable. There number of CIC decisions on this aspect. The denial is malafide.

Read: http://www.rti.india.gov.in/cic_decisions/CIC_SS_A_2012_001000_M_95502.pdf

rajeshdchamp

thank you raveena mam..!!

I m very pleased to get a draft from you.!!

rajeshdchamp

The drafted RTI is Attached.

Thank you.

RTI -3.docx

RAVEENA_O

Submit it by Speed Post and keep on record a copy of delilvery report of Speed Post tracked from Article Tracking

Please post further developments from time to time.