News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
DineshK

Can unhealthy and unsanitary condition be used as Life and Liberty matter ?

DineshK

The condition of road in a colony which is maintained by Municipal Corporation of Delhi is really pitiful. (See the picture).

People are forced to live in hell like unsanitary and unhygienic condition. Numerous letter to local conciliar, MLA and the MCD department have paid no results. The condition of this road is worsening day by day so much that it may lead to some epidemic. Resident are forced to leave the area as water has entered to their houses. There is knee deep dirty and stinking water on the road making the life of residents miserable.

Can a RTI application be filed under "Life and liberty" on this matter ?

photo1.jpg

• Like 4

DineshK

Though there was no reply to my above post I filed an application on same day under Life or Liberty matters.

The effect could be seen on the next day itself. MCD has fixed three pumps to remove water from the colony. A JCB has arrived to dig up and clear the side drains and I received a personal call from authority that works has started.

• Like 4

chanda_s

thats wow!

great job.

taurus

That is real good work. I was sceptical that it may not evoke such quick reaction from the authorities. Well done. All the best.

• Like 1

ganpat1956

Great job Dinesh. Why don't you upload a copy of your RTI application for the benefit of others. Please do attach another photo on completion of the work by the civic authorities. BTW, I am shifting this thread to success stories.

Sunil Ahya

God Bless.

sandeepbaheti
Resident are forced to leave the area as water has entered to their houses.

Definitely a matter affecting personal liberty. Also affects life since it may result in an epidemic.

Sorry that I could not reply in time. Do file a first appeal if you do not get reply within 48 hours.

Really great work. It would definitely be a grand success story. Best wishes from my side.

advocate rajesh

Dinesh ji great all these matters are covered by Life and librety . This is the condition of every city ,town. i want to tell one thing that only High officials and powerful politician passes of city and a town are enjoying the life at the cost of 99.9 percent people of the city or town. They are enjoying all the facilities i.e cleanliness sanitary etc. All the offical machinery work for them only those roads are maintained through which they passes .Rest of the public are living the life of hell. They do not have any money for all this but when some high politician come all the money comes and the things are corrected overnight . The officials responsible for all this must be taken to task. I suggest all the members to file RTI application in their cities in bulk.

DineshK

Thanks Rajeshji for your appreciations. It was your post regarding open manholes that motivated me to file such RTI application.

Today it was Sunday but we could see JE, AE and even Executive Engineers of Municipality department personally supervising the work. The local councilor who was seen nowhere till now has suddenly appeared to take the credit of this work !!:)

whackpack

ha ha ha... great!

as suggested by ganpatji, kindly upload copy of your RTI application for the benefit of the other members...

evdnath

Mr.Dinesh, Three Cheers to your thought and its suceess. It is inspiration and guide to me specially.Thanks. Try to upload your RTI application, as Mr.Ganpati suggested. Regards. Devendranath.

revribhav

Such actions motivate all of us ,however,it is seen that some government departments

(like my employer) take the plea that applicant is a habitual seeker of information.

DineshK

A RTI Activist has to seek information in behalf of hundreds of peoples who dont want to come forward due to some reasons. So they are certainly habitual seeker of information.

I have faced the ire of some of the PIOs who blamed me for misusing the RTI Act. But few of them have also appreciated me for making the authorities aware.

SUMITSONIPAT

m.c =municipal corporation

u can ask for reply to municipal corporation under section 7(1) for life /liberty in this case but only reply can be given by them

u should raise follow queries:

total fund came to m.c by govt in past 3 years

how much money spent in ur colony

all source of income of m.c ,give detail of how much money collected from every source.

how much spent on which scheme.

as per citizen charter,prove that u r doing balanced developement in every colony of city.

how much spent in our colony.

who is m.c monitor of our colony and what reports he submitted in m.c about its condition.

what steps is m.c taking for improvement of our area,how much budget,time is alloted.

RGANU

Dineshji,

I would like to apply for a similar issue.Can you upload the Application so that it will be extremely useful for me to proceed in my case.

Thank you!!

DineshK

Though I filed my RTI application under life or liberty, the PA replied me only after 7 days (That too after I filed first appeal after 3 days) but I am happy that at least they have reacted to my application.

The main cause of water logging was due to faulty laying out of water pipeline by Delhi Jal Board which passed through the drain thereby blocking its flow.

MCD tookup the matter with Jal Board on urgent basis and Rs. 4 lakhs were approved from MLA fund to layout the waterline at deeper level through trenching. Work is still in progress by MCD and Delhi Jal Board.

• Like 1

whackpack

bravo! keep it up!

Sunil Ahya

Dear Dinesh,

Good work, keep it up.

Atul Patankar

Congrats, Dineshji.

This proves that information is power.

And RTI is the source of equitable distribution of information power in society.

I believe this is more effective than 'equal' distribution of wealth.

Rainelli

the situation posted on that pics is disgusting!but good thing you did the right move dude!since it is really makes the people out there miserable.:rolleyes:

Maulik88

truly inspiring

rajyadav017

Its the real effect of the RTI. excellent application of the rti act.

thank you

usha parashar

dear dinesh

u have done a great job. God bless u.

usha parashar

Sunil Ahya

Hi DineshK,

Can you please post a picture of completed work.