I want my rights

Applied for ration card

Question

I want my rights

I applied for ration card about a month and half back in Ghaziabad (UP). That time I was told that I would get an SMS on 15 th feb and that way I would know how to get my ration card.

The process I learnt from the website is that the applier is provided a no. by which it can followup. But I was given none.

I recieved and SMS on 23rd Feb informing me that my ration has been sent to one ration dealer( the name was given) . Now I haven't got my ration card. There is a toll free no also (18001800150) where I was informed that the ration card is with that dealer.

Now , I got no of that dealer on the website too. (fcs.up.nic.in). I called him and he told me that he has no new ration card.

Before that found the shop and it was closed.

How to go ahead with my case? Should I file an RTI or should I wait.

3 answers to this question

Sunil Ahya

You may file a RTI Application addressed to the Public Information Officer of concerned Govt. Department and seek information on the pending status of your ration card.

> Your RTI Application will have to be as per UP State Govt. RTI Rules, please refer to the following link for the same:

> For help on drafting queries for seeking information, kindly refer to the following links:

I want my rights

Thanks both for the support. this forum is very supportive for people like us fed up of the government apathy.

Sorry, I replied so late.

@raveena_o it showed no matches.

@abhi987 the post you mentioned, I cant reply.

Actually the PIOs are all of Lucknow and I am in Ghaziabad.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• karira
      By karira
      As reported on in.news.yahoo.com on 3 July 2008:
      HC ruling on CM fund - Yahoo! India News

HC ruling on CM fund

In a significant verdict, the Lucknow Bench of the high court here has held that queries regarding disbursement and utilisation of Chief Minister's Discretionary Fund can be made under the Right to Information Act (RTI) by any member of the public on lawful demand. The bench, comprising Justices Pradeep Kant and S.N. Shukla, passed the above orders while dismissing a writ petition filed by the Public Information Officer (PIO) of the state challenging three different orders of the State Information Commission (SIC) directing him (PIO) to answer queries in this regard.

While upholding the orders of the SIC, the bench observed that the CM's Discretionary Fund being a public fund was very much amenable to the jurisdiction under the RTI Act. It was contended on behalf of the petitioner that under section 8 of the RTI Act, the PIO had a right to refuse to divulge information regarding the beneficiaries of the CM's Discretionary Fund since it was violative of beneficiaries' right of privacy.

The writ petition was accordingly dismissed by the bench being devoid of merits.
    • karira
      By karira
      As reported by IANS on thaiindian.com on 9 July 2008:
      Uttar Pradesh chief information commissioner faces probe (Lead) - Thaindian News

Uttar Pradesh chief information commissioner faces probe (Lead)

Lucknow, July 9 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh chief information commissioner Justice (retd) M.A. Khan was Wednesday debarred from performing his duties as Governor T.V. Rajeswar recommended to the Supreme Court to initiate an inquiry against him, officials said. Khan has been accused of misconduct and lack of capability to perform his duties, they added.

Following a complaint by a panel of social activists, he was prohibited to attend his office till the inquiry was over, the officials added.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy