- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
A perusal of Section 20 of the Act shows that it makes a provision to impose penalty either on Central Public Information Officer or the State Public Information Officer. However, there is no provision to initiate a departmental inquiry against the First Appellate Authority as per the Section 20 of the Act.
Is it possible to ask the C.P.I.O. to appoint an alternate or different FAA for filing the first appeal. Kindly see the attachments of post http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/5707-electronic-means-right-information-application.html
In this case the FAA is himself involved in the case and has made unauthorized correspondence. As per section 19(1) the appeal can be laid before an officer senior in rank. Also it makes no sense in filing an appeal before a person who is himself involved in the act of denying me information.