News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
speedoheck

What is your experience with online grievance portal ?

speedoheck

I would like to ask the people in the forum what is their experience with online grievance redressal through the website pgportal.gov.in and subsequent filing of RTI for Action Taken Report. Which departments have you found success with? What if you mistakenly send the grievance to one department? Is that dept. bound to transfer the grievance to another department like the way RTI is done?

Suneelji

I have used this portal for 2 grievances and the experience is as under :

CASE # 1 : Date of Complaint 12 Aug 2013 about BSNL : My complaint : BSNL laid Under ground Telephone Cables in our Housing Complex (having 5 Buildings and 100 Flats) around 3 years Back. However, in spite of writings emails in April 2013 and thereafter 4 Reminders till now, the local authority as well as CMD have neither replied to my emails nor the underground communication cables commissioned. The cable inventory is being left to rot for last 3 years this is NATIONAL Loss.

Reply shown in Status Report: Kindly refer to your grievance registered under the above docket number. The said grievance was forwarded to the concerned service provider who has intimated that: With respect to the above referred complaint regarding non commissioning of U/G cables in XXXXXXXXXXXX Badlapur field SDE has visited the society. The distribution cables were laid long back for opening new DPs in each wing. However 5 pr/10 pr DP were not installed except on building No 4 of ‘A’ wing and jointing of the cable to the DP is also not carried out. Primary and distribution cables were damaged during road widening work carried out in the area. The distribution cable (100 pr) over distance of 400 meter connecting to the complex from the Ambedkar chowk pillar was also got damaged during construction of gutter by Kulgaon-Badlapur Municipal Corporation. The estimate is under approval and permission from local body is also awaited. The work will be carried out immediately after sanction of estimate and permission

My Comments : I am happy with outcome. However, i regret that the cable laying work is not done. Since i am at the moment not decided whether to go for NET Connectivity via BSNL, i also have not followed the matter with BSNL. There are few existing customers our Housing Complex (100 Flats) who are actual sufferers due to poor connectivity and service as the connection is via to Temp OH cable with number of joints, but seem to be not having time to take up the matter with BSNL.

2. CASE # 2 : DATE of Lodging Grievance 07 Mar 2013 about Policy matter on emails of Govt of Maharashtra : "Whenever a letter is hand delivered to a Govt. Department or Undertaking, an acknowledgement (many times with INWARD Number) is given which helps in subsequent followup. However, when emails are sent to Ministers, IAS Secretaries or Officers of various Public Undertakings (for example those mentioned at http://www.mjp.gov.in/en/page/Home.aspx ) no acknowledgement is received via email. Further neither a guideline about acknowledgement nor about a time frame for reply via email is set. In fact one has a feeling that the our emails sent to various Ministers, IAS Secretaries or Officers of various Public Undertakings, must be vanishing in thin air. Can you bring this to the notice of Chief Minister of Maharashtra on whom i have faith."

Status Report :RECEIVED THE GRIEVANCE

My comments : I have actually lodged 9 ON LINE Reminders on same Portal for follow up of the last one on 30/4/14.

However, i am aware that PGPORTAL is not meant for lodging such cases on this Portal they will simply forward the case to Maharashtra Govt without insisting on action report. Since i have chosen a wrong Portal i do not expect result but have satisfaction one IAS officer of Maha gets this reminder over this pending mater via PGPORTAL.

Hope some day i will file ONLINE RTI for getting knowledge whether any policy decision has been taken by Central Govt on this matter.

Hope others share their experiences about this e_portal on this e_forum and case 2, as the generation to come may not have trees for HARD copies and to put everything in black and white on piece of paper. whether we like or not e_POST,e_MAIL, E_IPO, e_FDs,E_Tenders, e_Auctions, e_Contracts and various other e_Modes/Means/Services/Compliants,etc. are going to part of our day to day life.

jps50

I had advised few of my friends to use following websites for public grievances:

Public Grievances Links:

http://darpg.nic.in/ [all govts]

DIRECTORATE OF PUBLIC* GRIEVANCES [central govt]

:: Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government :: [central and state govts]

:: President's Secretariat Helpline :: [President secretariat

My experience with directorate of public grievances and President's secretariat was good, though they acted as post man only.

jps50

In case of Maharashtra one can also use:

Maharashtra Govt Servants Regulation of Transfer and Prevention of Delay in Discharge of Official Duties Act 2005 published in gazette on 25-05-2006.

GirijaSiva

In my experience if a department thinks they have wrongly received a complaint they just close it.

jj99
In my experience if a department thinks they have wrongly received a complaint they just close it.

Why not the complainnant does write what department/s the complain is pertaining to. and further request to forward the complain and receive comments on file/complain

speedoheck

Recently I submitted online grievance through the website pgportal.gov.in The grievance was addressed to Department of Personnel and Training(DoPT) and it was regarding National Board of Examinations(NBE) mentioning in their website that NBE doesn't accept email attachments which works against those who want to do online RTI application because they have to attach their eIPO. DoPT replied that, to quote, "The matter does not pertain to DOPT. Therefore, petitioner is requested to take up the matter with the appropriate authority".

However, when a RTI was filed to DoPT for Action Taken Report on the online grievance, the reply from PIO was that the grievance(and the RTI application) was transferred to Ministry of Health and Family Welfare(NBE comes under Ministry of H&FW).

My point for mentioning this is: don't settle with the reply given in online grievance. Always file RTI asking for Action Taken Report on the grievance.

Prasad GLN

It is useless portal as it is not having any legal sanctity, and allows authorities to close it on their own without really redressal.

DARPG can not take any action stating that the bill still awaits for enactment.

I have helped a citizen in filing 16 grievances to Ministry and another organisation and not even one was replied and all were closed as "excellent " remarks as shown in status.

Unless the bill takes the shape of an Act through Parliament, it remains useless and ornamental but the portal functioning (technically) is good.

I have met atleast 10 officials right from DOPT and they advise citizens to approach through court for remedy as DARPG is not having any powers to proceed against such Ministry/organisation and the scheme is voluntary (?)

For RTI application filed to DARPG, I have received reply that no such information is available on record (Action that can be taken on non redressal of grievances lodged in portal)

naranganshu

Sir

I am anshu narang from haryana I ask write an rti to deputy commissioner but he is not reply in 30 days now you guide me what to do and how ?

Prasad GLN

If applicant has not received any information within 30 days from receipt of such RTI Application by PIO + 5 days postal transit time, Appeal has to be made to Appellate Authority, an officer above rank of PIO with following information.

First Appeal Dt...................

Before First Appellate Authority (RTI)C/o PIO..........................)

Name of PIO:

Date of RTI Application filed.

RTI fee paid through:

Appellant:.

Grounds for appeal: PIO has not provided any information till date. Treating the same as "deemed denial" this appeal is being filed.

Prayer: Please direct PIO to provide information as expeditiously as possible, without any costs and his explanation for unreasonable delay.

Place

date......................Appellant.

HD Jebastin

Sir,

I post an online grievance in pgportal suggesting Air India to operate the unexplored Madurai-Singapore, Madurai-Kaula Lumpur Routes. But I received an email response saying that their Marketing and Planning team did not find the routes "profitably viable". I in turn filed an RTI to Air India asking for the copy of the report of the Marketing and Planning team. I did not receive a valid reply.

I want a copy of the report of the Route planning and Marketing team. As the time frame for filing First Appeal has lapsed what course of action should i Follow???

speedoheck

file RTI again using the earlier reference

Prasad GLN

and /also you may also file complaint before CIC for not providing information. As per existing practice, the complaint will be sent to FAA to give you opportunity for hearing and dispose complaint, giving an opportunity to file appeal in case information provided is not satisfactory.

Please explore complaint way, as you have to send copy of complaint to PIO, and should enclose copy of service proof with complaint. Hope this complaint copy may send some waves to PIO and you may also receive information within a week after receiving complaint copy.

The viability report may also be denied, as of commercial confidence as it discusses several issues of competitive edge also.

jps50

Grievance Portal is just a post office and it carries some weight as it functions under Cabinet Secretary. It cannot decide on grievance. It has to be done by the concerned govt office and then courts or consumer forums or ombudsmen. There is no point in wasting time with this portal if matter is serious. Better approach judiciary or quasi-judicial forum. Otherwise also govt officers at all levels and politicians do not mend except by orders of higher judiciary. Central Public Service Guarantee Act is pending in Parliament. It is functional or partly functional in 10 states only. Getting genuine justice is rarity in India at any level, unless you have money or connections. Things may change with new govt which has promised good governance.

pksman9

This portal is useless and it is better to close.

karira
This portal is useless and it is better to close.

If this portal is so useless, then why have you been visiting and posting (31 posts till date) on this forum since Jul / Aug 2011 ?

Prasad GLN

Most of us shared our experiences and informed that unless it takes the shape of Act, one can not expect fruits of such streamlined process. (must appreciate on line portal is working fine technically). DO you know who handles your complaint if taken personally at New Delhi and his advice. Yes. It is true . He is blind and can not see Grievane holder or read the petition. He just makes a call to somebody and conveys your problem in a sentence and gives telephone to you. The other voice just replies they are helpless and can not provide any solution as it is not an act and gives you a free advice, file a writ against that authority. That is all. Funny thing is that , authorities themselves rate the grievance redressal as 'Excellent' and close the grievance stating Redressed, while you are still hoping for redressal. Try whether you can get any Grievance officer without interview in any of the Ministry without appointment as stated in citizen charter. Even with prior intimation, you will not get either written permission or permitted to meet him.

But it works at moffusil and Town centers, as they get a call direct from a superior officer and in came of GAS and other complaint it is working satisfactorily. The best thing is that you will get a number and your complaint is on record for further taking up the matter legally.

pksman9

Dear Karira,

My remarks was for PGPORTAL and not other portal. I have been shocked for this type of remarks.

Prasad GLN

Mr.Probhat,

When some other portal is not to your satisfaction, it is not proper to post this in the portal as it may cause confusion. We do commit mistakes, and it is 100 times out of 100 times before going to sleep it is Hon Karira that makes it a point to reply each and every query before he goes to sleep. You may not believe, we think more than thread poster himself to solve the issue, and we are not even happy with the replies some times we give, and by the time we realise and wake up early in the morning with a better solution, many a times Hon.Karira has corrected several such mistakes of us and corrected most suitably in a more simple manner. You may not be knowing all this.

So there might be some confusion and it is not that shocking if you understand Hon.Karira's commitment and dedication to run a portal single handedly with such dedication and sincerity. We do err and forget as we do not make it a point to respond if there is an error by others through oversight, as experts are capable of correcting such mistakes and it need not be specifically pointed.

(If you are a regular visitor, you might have observed many practical experiences faced by several members which were reported in this portal several times. PGRMS portal is working excellently , technically but unless the bill takes the shape of an Act, no one can offer any solution. May be Hon.Karira mentioned indirectly that when you have posted so many queries and visited portal, you might have realised it's working long back, without any value addition this time)

Vilas18

i tried filing rti application through rti official portal n thought of giving 1st try but could not succed .

ive typed my rti application and choosed submit it was directing me to login page for payment . Ive put my credentials but it rediected me saying wrong id pass . Till date i could not suceed.

first and foremost i cant understand what are the drop down opition like . , ministry of xyz, ministry of xyz .

all that i cant understand .

i was looking for revenue dept ,

and how to address respective pios in that griverence page (i.e which drop down option i need to select for revenue,police, r&b , collector office, rdo office , register office )

karira
i tried filing rti application through rti official portal n thought of giving 1st try but could not succed .

ive typed my rti application and choosed submit it was directing me to login page for payment . Ive put my credentials but it rediected me saying wrong id pass . Till date i could not suceed.

first and foremost i cant understand what are the drop down opition like . , ministry of xyz, ministry of xyz .

and how to address respective pios in that griverence page (i.e which drop down option i need to select for revenue,police, r&b , collector office, rdo office , register office )

That is precisely the reason why senior members of this portal always insist on filing their RTI applications through traditional means ONLY !

- - - Updated - - -

That is precisely the reason why senior members of this portal always insist on filing their RTI applications through traditional means ONLY !

- - - Updated - - -

karira

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Vilas18

I follow the traditional way . . N its almost a year that i started filing rti in hand n by reg post. .

koteswararaonerella

ONLINE grievances are genrally not TAKEN SERIOUSLY AS IT IS NOT PROPERLY ACCOUNTED FOR ALSO like noting in a register like DAK etc., Whether the thread bearer may agree/ disagree the govt.officials think that those send ONLINE COMPLAINTS are lazy fellows not interested to move and get things settled.Of course we hear paperless working etc., which may take lot of time for us to implement in full.

Prasad GLN

Where the discussion is leading to ?

The thread is on "On line grievance portal"

The query is filing RTI applications on line"

There is lot of difference in procedure and there is no similarity in between these two issues.

Online pgrms portal is ornamental, unless the Citizen charter bill is passed, no one can take any action on such grievances, and DOPT has clearly informed that it is optional to PA till it takes the shape of an Act.