News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
rsinha

Bad experience during hearing of First Appeal by the DL & LRO, Birbhum, Siuri, West Bengal

rsinha

Sirs,

I had applied to the Block Land & Land Reforms Officer, Nalhati - I, Dist. Birbhum, W.B. & SAPIO asking for certain information regarding my ancestral land holding at Nalhati. The said SAPIO failed to give satisfactory information. So a First Appeal was lodged with the District Land & Land Reforms Officer (DL & LRO), Birbhum and First Appellate Authority.(FAA).

Hearing took place on 29-05-2014(yesterday). The first question that the FAA asked was the reason for which I am seeking the information. When I pointed out to him that providing reason for seeking information is beyond the scope of the RTI Act, 2005, the FAA became angry and said that he was dismissing the case for not giving the reason for seeking the information.

Friends, please advise, what steps should I take now.

Regards.

R Sinha

jps50

You will be required to file second appeal, where you can point out this treatment at first appeal hearing. You can also quote attachment to this posting.

CURTESY.pdf

Prasad GLN

It is always advisable to submit minutes of recording each conversation and hand it over after first appeal hearing, and get the same acknowledged by FAA. If not do it now and send a written argument and minutes copy immediately, so that FAA can not go back on what he has said.

rsinha

Thank you, G L N Prasad.

R Sinha

karira

Have you received the written order from the FAA ?

If yes, please post a copy of the order.

• Like 1

amarnathrengachari

I came to know of illtreatment ,shown to even senior citizens, during the hearing by information officers in tamilnadu state.

R.Sinha's unlawful dismissal of first appeal by FAA, is really a serious matter.I make an earnest appeal

to all the senior members;moderators to come forward to fight against the erring FAA, under RTI act.

Unless this forum takes positive steps and try to teach a lesson to FAA,using RTI ACT, through court,such incidents will continue to haress public.

Our forum should not stop with simply providing RTI queries and help.

you should create a fear among the erring officials that this forum will question any mis-use of authority

by officials, through court.

Pl. think it over.

regards,

Amarnath.

sharmajee

Dear Mr Amarnath,

This is not an isolated incident..... Any senior member shall vouch......he has faced similar situations many times... This is true reflection of ground realities prevailing and feudal mindset still prevailing.....

But we must not get carried away or loose focus by all such distractions..... we must persist till real issue is digged....you and me are going to make the difference.......

..... R.Sinha's unlawful dismissal of first appeal by FAA, is really a serious matter.I make an earnest appeal.........to all the senior members;moderators to come forward to fight against the erring FAA, under RTI act. ......

Prasad GLN

Mr.Amarnath,

As confirmed by Shri Sharmajee, the situation is not different either with any other FAA or in any other Public authority. This also includes Information Commissions.

There is no separate law enacted for Sr.Citizens and it depends on the humanity if at all still remaining in any Govt., official, to show just some decency, consideration and atleast needed attention to decide the issue, that brought a Sr.Citizen before him for justice.

There are several such arrogant officials who still never remember their parents or grand parents and lack basic minimum courtesy in dealing with citizens. Yes. The parents are responsible for inculcating such qualities in him and society should suffer.

Make second appeal without getting discouraged by such decisions. Atleast there is one more less expensive step, by the grace of RTI Act.

MANOJ B. PATEL

Ravan and Duryodhan was never taught bad lessons by their parents !!.

Sent from RTI INDIA Mobile App

Prasad GLN

But still they ruled their kingdoms and known as Good administrators but I have yet to hear that they are bad rulers and ill treated their subjects (citizens). (What ever was said and done by them is due to their personal qualities against some individuals only and not against their own subjects and that only to retain their kingdom and not make common people suffer)

amarnathrengachari

Sir,RTI ACT clearly points out that no reason need be given ,when you call for any information from govt;depts; being anFAA, how could he ask the member the reason ?this a clear violation of act.

as you know, no govt; office gives ack;, even if you ask for it. to make the proceedings of hearing

meaningful, minutes should be recorded ; cctv cameras should record ;I don't know, whether

there is any provision in RTI act. if not ,activists should demand recordings of hearings.

sir, it is necessary to have watch dogs in every system to prevent unlawful activities.

here, the hour of the need is_"some community builder should fight for justice with FAA,THROUGH RTI.pl. help the member to get the information, as per act.

Prasad GLN

We can only hope that FAAs must also become applicants and face much cruel FAAs than they were in time to come. ( Curse)

amarnathrengachari
You will be required to file second appeal, where you can point out this treatment at first appeal hearing. You can also quote attachment to this posting.

In govt; depts.; all officers have unity ,in this aspect.

No officer accepts the fault of his colleague and they have the same ego, which is the basic characteristic of govt; officers.

so, if the member raises a personal complaint against the FAA of first appeal ,iam afraid ,our member may be denied the

information desired by him and his request is likely to be rejected, giving some reasons.

Prasad GLN

I never think that Hon.IC has any powers against FAA in the present scenario of RTI Act, just ignore and focus on main issue of information by filing second appeal.

sharmajee

Looks like you have not had experience of lower and higher judiciary......... everywhere some way or other things are same........ Lets reconcile with realities of today and avoid such distractions.....

.......n if you ask for it. to make the proceedings of hearing

meaningful, minutes should be recorded ; cctv cameras should record ;.......