News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed

akhilesh yadav

NEW DELHI: The provisions of RTI Act apply on private schools also which are governed by a law such as the Delhi Education Act, the Central Information Commission has held.

The case relates to an ex-employee of Jindal Public School who filed an RTI application with Directorate of Education seeking a certified copy of service book and other details from her past employer.

The Directorate provided the information available with them but the school refused to furnish the reply saying RTI Act does not apply on it.

information sought by its ex-employee, Information Commissioner Sridhar Acharyulu said the school is duty bound under sections four and eight of Delhi Education Act 1973 to abide by the regulatory conditions of service, payment of salaries as prescribed for which school has to maintain records which provide an "inherent and implied" right to information to their employees.

Read more at: Provisions of RTI Act apply on private schools also: CIC - The Economic Times

• Similar Content

• Harisrmite
      By Harisrmite
      I want to discontinue B.Sc. course from Indian Academy Degree college- Autonomous, Bangalore as I want to pursue B.Tech. When asked for my certificates management is demanding to pay full course fee of 3 years to return my documents. I want my certificates without paying any extra money. Please help.

• shrivar1212
      By shrivar1212
      HI,
      I had filed a complaint with Dy. Registrar for gross violations in our society, even the redevelopment was carried out by blatantly ignoring Govt. Directives. In my letter I had exposed various deficiencies in the working of the society, and demanded inquiry under section 83 but no action was taken by Dy. Registrar. The complaint was filed on January 11, 2019. No Response till date.
      On 26th Feb, I escalated the matter to District Deputy Registrar, and filed the complaint who on March 7 issued an order directing Dy. Registrar of co-op societies to conduct an inquiry under section 83, but till date nothing has been done. I have copy of the order.
      I want to file an RTI in the office of District Deputy Registrar seeking information on the action taken on order issued by them to Dy. Registrar, I want to draft the application in most effective manner and probably in strong legal words.

I want to seek following information:
      Status of the order dated ________ reference no _______ issued by them.
      The procedure/file noting/officer responsible to oversee the implementation of the order issued by District Dy. Registrar
      The procedure in District Dy. Registrar's office after issuing the order to Dy. Registrar to take action.
      If no such procedure is laid down to implement the said order, then guidelines/directions for implementation of the same.
      whether follow up is required from District Dy. Registrar's office after issuing the order, if YES, what is procedure for follow up? If NO reasons for lack of procedure
      Timeframe for Dy Registrar to take action on order
      Can you please help me draft the RTI on above points in clear and concise manner so that it won't be rejected on flimsy grounds.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy