Question

yogeshmmundhara

Helloo everyone,

There are some government ration shops in and around my locality and i have heard a lot of complaints regarding them as they sell the ration which is given by government for the poor to the private shops.Sugar,Kerosene,Dal all these are sold to pvt shops at a higher rates instead of giving them to the ration card holders.This is done on a larger scale and is a big scam.I have twice complained to the Local authority regarding this issue but i think they all are attached to the ration mafia by some means.So i want to know how with the help of RTI can i reveal this scam of the ration shops. I believe that the ration shops owner give false information to the Government authority regarding its distribution. Soo please tell me how can i reveal this with use of RTI

Thanking you alll

5 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

First file RTI Application seeking information on action takenon your complaint,with copy all office notes, letters till closure from concerned District Supply officer/RDO or the Authority who supervises the shops.

This is a typical task, and first track the delivery date and keep vigilance on where stocks are stored, and engage a person to keep vigil on movement of stock through vehicle. Except through red handed capture during operation as a mob, it is very difficult to trap them.

RAVEENA_O

File a detailed complaint, possibly joint complaint with signatures of a some ration card holders of same shop before the Secretary, Civil Supplies Department of the State detailing itemwise irregularites. Generally, the ration licence needs to be cancelled after serving show cause notice to the shop owner and after conducting an inquiry, by calling all complainants for givng evidence. There can be undue pressure on witnesses (those who sign the complaint) for changing their evidnece and giving statement in favour of the shop owner. You must select reliable card holders, who may not change their version during inquriy.

If no action is taken within a month or 45 days fom submissio of your complaint, you can file RTI Application and seek:

[1] certified copy of the note sheet indicating notings by various officials and decision of competent authority thereon in respect of the joint representation / complaint dated ............submitted by the ration card holders of ration shop no. ......................... situated at .................(address) with regard to irregularities and blackmarketing of rationing articles by the shop owners.

[2] Please inform me the name and designation and office address of officer who is required to take appropriate action on above complaint dated ............submitted by the ration card holders of ration shop no. ......................... situated at .................(address) with regard to irregularities and blackmarketing of rationing articles by the shop owners.

[ You can repeat this RTI Application under the name and address of each of the comlainant after an intervan of every 15 days ]

yogeshmmundhara

Thank you prasadji and raveenaji ...i have filed a rti regarding my complaint, But i wanted to know how can i get to know detailed information about the rationing shop as i feel if i get to know his register and stock updates i can prove him guilty will take time but things can me done, So i dont know how to frame questions for rti application for the getting information on distribution,stock with the ration shop...So please help

Prasad GLN

In our District 108 cases have been filed against 398 persons and all cases were dismissed for the year 2012-13 and not even one person was convicted.

The Vigilance dept., say that it is their duty to hand over such case to the Police, and police has to follow up of case. There must be co-ordination between several departments like Civil supplies, Vigilance and Police.

If one wants to visit the shop,first he should be well acquainted with the entire processand the has to file RTI Application before Tehasildar or Civil Supplies officer seeking information in the form of inspection of Shop with License No...............located at......................., carry a digital camera and one assistant, take certified copies of any register that helps during inspection, then build up a concrete complaint with such evidence.

Please read the blog "inspection"

RAVEENA_O

Please go through the suggestio in Post #3 . Being a citizen, you only need to bring the corrupt practices to the notice of the Secretary of the Civil Supplies Department. Action required to be taken is manualized procedure and they are required to act on the complaint, else your RTI request, as suggested shall give you a clear picture. Thereafter, you can decide the next step.

If you try to inspect the register, the shop is not a direct public authority but inspection is required to be arranged by local Civil Supplies Department, and if they are in collusion with the shop owner, everything shall become oaky and you will find nothing. Therefore, let the Secretary to the Goverment, who is a very senior officer, to take appropriate action and if he fails to do so and no visible result occures in reasonable time, you can follow it up with RTI as suggested.

I hope you want result rather than teaching a lesson to the shop owner.