Jump to content
News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed



Hon. Experts,


I am a senior citizen, I had paid online an amount to my ST/CST/VAT account, which erroneously was credited to some other ST/CST/VAT account. I came to know about this only at the time of assessment. I have the necessary proof from my Bankers that a specific amount was debited from my account and credited to the ST/CST/VAT account. However the ST/CST/VAT authorities are refusing to allow me the credit for the payment, neither are they divulging the details of the ST/CST/VAT account with which my payment has been erroneously credited.


[1] How can I get the details from the ST/CST/VAT authorities?

[2] Which authorities to approach?

[3] How will the RTI be useful in helping me to get the Information?


I shall be obliged for your guidance.


Thanking you in anticipation,

Senior Citizen

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Prasad GLN

Please file application seeking information under RTI Act and enclosing proof of such payment made by the applicant .RTI format and RTI fee as per rules and regulations of your state. a sample RTI application of your state may be downloaded from this site.


Please seek information from PIO,of that Authority with which the account is being maintained (donot worry, even if it is another office, as the office that received RTI Application has to direct your application to concerned Public Information officer under RTI Act)


Application dt.............seeking information under RTI Act filed

Before Public Information Officer...............................Officer..............with

RTI Fee: Rs................in Indian postal order/Court fee stamp filed by

Applicant:...........................................................(name and full address)



Brief facts: Applicant has remitted Rs...........through ...............Bank ..for credit of his ST/CST/VAT on line on.............which was erroneously credited to some other account. Proof of payment by debit as copy of Bank statement is enclosed.

Information solicited:


1)Please provide information as to whether the amount was appropriated into A/c No...... to where it is credited (The debit entry to the applicant's account in the form of statement of account,highlighting that entry is pasted on back of this application.

2)The process and procedure that stipulate reversal of such wrong entry by mistake.

3.Provide specific reasons for not taking action even after the mistake was pointed out.

4.Please provide present status and the date by which the mistake can be rectified by crediting that amount to correct account.



Be confident and they must credit it to correct account and no body can derive undue benefit out of a mistake and they must take corrective action as early as possible.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • garg0505
      By garg0505
      Recently PIO of public authority, in a RTI application submitted u/s 6 of the RTI Act, responded to applicant after the stipulated time, you please visit the office of his junior and inspect the file/files, and after inspection of the files obtain the documents by depositing the money itself. Therefore, please provide expert opinions about the issue, as in my opinion no such provision do available to PIO to direct the information seekers under RTI Act. However if applicant desires himself to inspect the files, then option available to applicant to file the RTI application under section 2(j)(I) of the RTI act.
    • ashakantasharma
      By ashakantasharma
      Seeking information under the Right to Information (RTI) Act can be costly at times. Especially when you are asked to cough up as much as Rs 56,000 for some information, you would probably think again before using the Act.
      Advocate Vinod Sampat, too, was shocked when he was asked by the Andheri Land Records office to pay an amount of Rs 56, 268 to get information on the structures located on collector’s land across the city.
      Sampat had made an application on September 21 to inquire about it. He needed the accurate information to be part of the reference books he is writing on property matters. “I wanted information on such properties because buying properties situated on collector’s land costs an extra amount,” said Sampat.
      “However, I was shocked to see the amount asked by the Andheri office,” he said. And the amount was asked only for information on the properties situated under the jurisdiction of Andheri office.
      A shocked Sampat wrote to the Chief Information Commissioner Suresh Joshi, on Wednesday, asking him to ascertain the amount demanded from him. He also wrote to the Land Records Officer, Andheri, MT Ingle seeking a clarification on how the amount was arrived.
      As per RTI rules, Rs 2 per page is demanded to provide information. “That means they were giving me 28,000 pages as information,” said an amused Sampat.
      He said that if his queries were not answered, he would file an appeal with the appellate authority.
      When contacted, Ingle said he had charged Sampat according to the rates specified by the state government and the revenue department.
      Joshi said that in such cases, it is better for the applicants to ask for the inspection of the files so that they can pin-point the actual documents needed. They can also come in appeal to the commission, he said.
      “The information officers can charge rates only as prescribed by the state government and in this case, it is found that the concerned officer is trying to willfully mislead the people, strict action will be taken,” he added.
      However, Sampat said that the inspection point should have been mentioned in the letter, “instead of just frightening the applicant by demanding such an astronomical amount.”
      “Do you believe that the Land Records office must have counted all the 28,000 pages?”
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy