News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed

karira

SIC no to making service books of 164 officers public

The Madhya Pradesh State Information Commission has quashed the order of first appellate officer in which it was directed topublic information officer to provide free of charge information of service books of 164 officers and employees. Generally, the citizens make second (final) appeal to the Commission against appellate officer and public information officer.

In a rare case, a public information officer lodges second appeal against the appellate officer.The Commission in its hearing by its commissioner Atmadeep accepted the appeal and rejected the order of the first appellate officer. The rejection of the order will lead to a stop on making personal information public of more than 150 officers and employees along with principal of Govt. Kamlaraja Girls PG Autonomous College, Gwalior.

Read More: SIC no to making service books of 164 officers public - Free Press Journal

jps50

This is a rare case where PIO has filed second appeal against FAA and succeeded.

karira
This is a rare case where PIO has filed second appeal against FAA and succeeded.

There is one previous instance that i remember in the CIC also.

In my own case, CPIO of CIC did not abide by the order of the FAA of CIC but replied back saying that he did not "understand" the order and also what he was supposed to comply with !

I worte back to him informing his right to file second appeal. But he did not.

Finally I filed a second appeal. Still waiting for a hearing.

• Similar Content

• garg0505
      By garg0505
      On 14.03.2018 a complaint was filed under RTI Act,2005 with CIC under section 20(1), on the grounds that the CPIO did not provide the information despite the orders of FAA.
      During the hearing the respondent CPIO of PMO office submitted that information had been provided to complainant vide letter dated 01.03.2018 through speed post.
      Whereas, the information wasn't received by me and after having hearing submission of both the parties and persuing the records the commission directs the respondent to resend the letter dated 01.03.2018 alongwith the proof of its dispatch including tracking number to the complainant within two weeks. Furthermore my complaint have been disposed of.
      The CPIO of PMO has coplience the orders of CIC and now I received the information alongwith proof of dispatch on 05.07.2019.
      Since the copy of reply furnished by CPIO of PMO is unprincipled and immature, & very much fishy. Therefore, expert advice is needed on the following issues
      1. Can I still file my appeal against the reply of CPIO of PMO in the event of disposed of my complaint in CIC orders.
      For your convenience I am enclosing the CIC orders.

.CIC Order on PMO CPIO
    • Harisrmite
      By Harisrmite
      I'm dropping out from my college after 1st year. Will they return me my class 12 transfer certificate along with other documents. If not do I have any rights to get my class 12 transfer certificate back?

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy