News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed

akhilesh yadav

PATNA: The irony could not have been more pronounced: When this newspaper asked Bihar State Milk Cooperative Federation Ltd (Comfed) MD Harjot Kaur why milk was being sold @ Rs 33 to 43/litre in Bihar and Rs 25/litre to a private dairy at Joya in Moradabad, she banged the phone. When the report got into print on May 29, the MD of Vaishal-Pataliputra Milk Union (VPMU) - one of the milk unions under the cooperative - presumably took it upon himself to deny the report, of which VPMU is only a small part. 'Presumably' because the denial is on plain paper, not on letter head, and the signature is also illegible. It does not have even a letter number. The gist of the three-page denial, which has used terms like 'baseless', 'misleading' and their synonyms at least 36 times, is that the TOI report is bunkum.

Kaur, on her part, held a press conference to trash the TOI story. This newspaper was not invited to the presser.

We exercised our RTI (right to information) to know who is misleading whom. And according to documents procured under the RTI Act, the state animal husbandry and fisheries department received complaints earlier this year, alleging milk unions under Comfed were sending lakhs of litres of milk to private dairies in Delhi and Moradabad for processing the same as powder. Thus, the milk powder plants, opened by the Bihar government investing crores from the state exchequer, are not being utilized. This causes losses worth crores to the state every month, the complaints alleged and added one private party was selected in violation of tender rules.

Read more: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/City/Patna/Bihar-milk-to-Moradabad-Who-is-misleading-whom/articleshow/36170685.cms

• Similar Content

• Skhanamr
      By Skhanamr
      Hello all,
                   I have given my LL.B 5th sem. exam and after declaration of result i was not satisfied (GOT ATKT in 1 sub. But my paper was good) with my result so I fill an rti to provide photocopy of my answesheet but they refused by saying that university will only give answercopy by filling their on answer copy request form other then they can't. Also the form should be fill under 1 week declaration of result. 
      After this I fill 1st appeal but the result was same. Now what should I have to do, I know you will say that go to 2nd apeal.
      But what is more beneficial in my case Complaint under section 18 or 2nd apeal under 19. Actually I have re-exam after 6 months and it takes almost 1 to 2 year disclose of my appeal. So what is best option 
      What is best option for me for fast result appeal or complaint

• garg0505
      By garg0505
      Recently PIO of public authority, in a RTI application submitted u/s 6 of the RTI Act, responded to applicant after the stipulated time, you please visit the office of his junior and inspect the file/files, and after inspection of the files obtain the documents by depositing the money itself. Therefore, please provide expert opinions about the issue, as in my opinion no such provision do available to PIO to direct the information seekers under RTI Act. However if applicant desires himself to inspect the files, then option available to applicant to file the RTI application under section 2(j)(I) of the RTI act.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy