Jump to content
News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
  • 0

Un cooperative neighbour - water leakage due to his activities



I live in first floor of a 3 storied independent house. The second floor is half house and the remaining half is the roof. The neighbour waters his trees placed on the roof and washes clothes on the roof causing heavy cracks on the roof and water seeps in my floor in my bedroom causing water leakage. My neighbour refuses to repair the roof and says that it is not his problem. The leakage happens mostly when there is a rain. Moreover the neighbour interferes in every work that happens and creates problems in terms of privacy. I wanted help from RTI forum to understand what are my rights in this matter as a widowed woman and what actions can I take.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Your query does not relate to RTI Act 2005 to which this portal is dedicated. We guide members to access information from govt. by using this law. For your benefit, please visit home page of this portal and success stories at http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/post-your-rti-success-here.html


You may complain to society secretary.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Similar Content

    • pvpnair
      By pvpnair
      hi dear all, I am a new arrival here. I have just had a glance of questions and your valuable answers. It is worthy of hundred dictioneries. Now I have a problem with my CHS, that's why I am here. In my upper floor apartment, the new member started renovation, complete marble flooring after removing the tiles, and alteration in the bathroom. Our bldg. is 30 years old and it does not look very healthy. Before this, the old member in the upper floor renovated the flat only 2 years ago by changing completely the tiles in the bath room where I had faced leakage problem. However, after the old members work, I had not faced any leakage problem from his toilet and bathroom, for which I paid 50 percent of the expenses and supervised the work. Now the new member is completely changed the flooring system, several cracks appeared in my ceiling as well as water dripping near the beam when they removed the tiles and started the work. I complained this to this upper floor flat owner, then he and his contractor promised me that the present leakage is a teporary affair and it will stop but his promise was without any guarantee. Since I plastered and painted my flat only two years ago, they have now defaced my ceiling with cracks and leakages and they are not willing to fill the cracks or ready to paint the ceiling. I have taken up this matter with my society, but the society is not willing to help me. They said the leakage problem inside, so these problems to be settled by parties concerned and society will not interfere into this, even after he made an alteration in the bathroom with the option of european closet and to this he made a big hole in the rear wall of the bldg. I made a complaint in writing to the society and secretary promised he will convene an emergency meeting. But in the meeting neither the members not even the secretary turned up. Now the secretary is asking me to complain individually either to police or municipality. As I fear damage to property and loss to life because of these newly developed cracks, it is an issue of the society as the new member had tampered with the original work. In this case, to whom should I complain for the redressal of my grievances, whether to the registrar or municipality.
    • Atul Patankar
      By Atul Patankar
      As reported at www.expressindia.com on 14 March 2009
      Chandigarh The District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum has directed the Chandigarh Municipal Corporation to pay Rs 15,000 as compensation for sending inflated water bills to a consumer. The MC has also been directed to refund Rs 5,000 charged in excess and another Rs 5,000 as costs of litigation.
      Sunita Sanghi, a resident of Sector 21, said she received a water bill, allegedly inflated by Rs 776, in August 2005. On inquiry, she was told that the bill was based on the actual consumption of water but Sanghi averred that in the following bimonthly cycle, her bill was comparatively low. However, Sanghi received “highly inflated” bills for April, June and August 2006, amounting to Rs 4,338 and Rs 1,609 respectively. Sanghi later deposited Rs 65 for the checking of her meter, which was found in working order. She was, however, informed that there could be a leak in the underground pipe following which she approached the CPWD. The pipeline was also found satisfactory.
      Thereafter, Sanghi said she wrote numerous letters to the MC authorities seeking rectification of the bills. She also sought information under the RTI Act and found that no meter had been installed on the ground floor of her house till June 16, 2006. She apprehended that the excessive bill was on account of unauthorised use of water by the occupant on the ground floor and the averred that the bills could have been issued to her in connivance with the occupant. She then moved the consumer forum. In its reply, the MC said the billing was done according to the actual consumption of water only. Announcing the verdict, the forum said the MC had stated in its reply that the meter was installed in April 2004 only, even though the application for installation of a meter was given in May 2002. “This stand is contradicts the information supplied to the complainant under the RTI Act,” it stated. The forum also said that the sudden spurt in the bill for the month of February 2006 is unexplainable. Similarly, the other bills of the months ending April, June and August 2006 are also inflated.
      Source: Civic body to pay for inflated water bills - Express India


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy