K.C.

Procedure for Name Change

Question

K.C.

Hello,

My kid was born in Ghaziabad, U.P. . I want to get his name change done in birth certificate. What's the procedure for the same?

5 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Generally, mention of name is not done at the time of birth, and only parents name will be mentioned. You have to contact GMC and may have to file an affidavit for suitable modification. These things can be settled by contacting any Corporation authorities locally in UP (Procedure) and RTI will be a long route.

MANOJ B. PATEL

If your kid is minor and study in school prepare affidavit to change the name,mention old name and new name.Also mention reason to change name.you can mention social, religious, astrological or choice of the kid as a reason. Then give application to the school authority enclosing affidavit with a request to make change in name on record.

Sent from RTI INDIA Mobile App

Prasad GLN

For those persons born after 1981, Birth Certificate from competent authority is necessary, and DOB stated on educational qualification or separately given by educational Organisations are not valid.

MANOJ B. PATEL

Sir, here the question is of to change name not birth.

Sent from RTI INDIA Mobile App

Prasad GLN

The answer is only name change in Birth certificate only. If name change is done legally, that notification /order changing the name from to..... with effective date is enough and no further certificates are required.

TP has not informed whether Birth certificate was obtained or not. In original birth certificate at the time of birth, when registration is done only parents name appear.