rajan.k

PIO forced me o take inspection ignoring other points mentioned in my RTI application.

Question

rajan.k

Members,

Recently, I had submitted a RTI application to A.E (B.P) E.S, MCGM regarding the following points below:

A. Please provide me the certified copies of the approved documents/plans of the following:

I. IOD

II. Commencement Certificate.

III. Commencement plans & Layouts.

IV. Completion Certificate.

V. Completion plans & Layouts.

VI. Occupation Certificate.

VII. Any other plans & Layouts.

B. Please inform me the name(s), designation(s), telephone number and the mobile number of the official(s)/officer(s) who have approved each documents/plans as mentioned in the above points I to VII.

C. After you have provided me the above information, I would like to inspect all the files/documents/plans related to this building construction to ensure that you have given me complete & correct information, please let me know the date(s), time and venue where I can come for inspection.

The PIO replied back saying to take inspection whereas I have clearly mentioned that after he has provided me the information (points A & B) then only inspection is needed (point C) to check he is giving correct information.

Pl guide me the next step.

3 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

Simple, you have to file first appeal to the FAA within time limit of 30 days.

Sent from RTI INDIA Mobile App

Prasad GLN

Please file First Appeal before Appellate Authority:

Grounds for Appeal: As per Sec.7 (9) PIO has to provide information in the form it was requested, and appellant has request information in the form of letter.

Inspection is a form of providing information, and it is prerogative of applicant to seek such form, and applicant never sought this form of information inspection.

Imposing of Inspection by PIO is not accordance with Sec. 7 (9) and such reply neither amounts to providing of information nor denial as stated in RTI Act.

Prayer: PIO may be directed to various CIC decisions and HC orders in this respect and appellant prays for directions to PIO for providing of information free of cost as information in required form was not provided within statutorily stipulated 30 days.

Sunil Ahya

> That is the standard operating procedure in MCGM Mumbai, no matter what you ask for as information in the RTI application, the PIO replies through a template saying "come, take inspection and obtain the required information.

You may go there in person, and a clerk / peon will provide you with a huge bunch of plans & papers tied in a white sheet of cloth, you may then go through all those documents & plans, select the ones you want, pay for them and get them photocopied, or alternately you may ask them to provide you with a photocopy of all the documents & plans, take them home and then study these documents at your leisure (if you take a photocopy of all the documents & plans, it may cost you somewhere around 3 t0 5 k).

Now, if after the above exercise, you do not get a particular required information that you were specifically looking for, then you may go into first appeal for the specific information that you did not get.

This is the fastest way to go about obtaining the information.

> Alternately, you may file a first appeal with the grounds, that you had asked for specific information, that invoking section 2(j)(i) for inspection of information is a prerogative of a citizen, and that a PIO cannot compel an applicant to take inspection before providing the same.

Kindly refer to the following link to go through some earlier discussions on the same subject, to help draft the grounds of your first appeal:

Inspection not a pre-condition: