Jump to content
  • 0

RTI filed in DHBVN against lack of safety measures leading to loss of life and property



Team, DHBVN, Rewari is not following any safety measures means no fencing around transformers, loose wires etc. which may result in accident and lead to the loss of life also.


I have filed the attached RTI on 29 Apr 2014, but till date the PIOs are transferring the application to other PIOs under section 6(3) i.e. from DHBVN, Hisar, to DHBVN-Palwal, then DHBVN-Palwal transfer to DHBVN-Rewari and so on. these are transferring to others branches/offices under section 6(3).


Please suggest, its more than 1 month, I am waiting for the information.



Rajender Soni

RTI-DHBVN-Electricity Act.docx

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hi soni.rajender and welcome to RTI INDIA- Right to Information! This is an introductory reply and members of our forum shall reply to your specific query shortly.


You have just made a post at our community which is dedicated to helping you in matters of Right to Information. If you are new to RTI, you should read this article here What is Right to Information? - Guide. And if you are interested in reading the whole RTI Act please go to the following link: Right to Information Act 2005 [RTI Wiki]


PLEASE NOTE: We may not be able to answer your query conclusively, if it is not related to RTI, like finding a mobile number, vehicle registration number etc. These are not related to RTI.


soni.rajender here are some more links for you to explore about #RTI:


1. Download RTI Forms: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/docs/cat/11-sample-rti-forms/

2. Read here about How to Become RTI Activist

3. Read here RTI Online- Step by Step Guide to File RTI Online

4. Here you shall find various Centre / State RTI Rules and Fees: http://www.rtiindia.org/guide/centrestate-rti-rules-and-fees-3/

5. Read here about various case laws of RTI: http://www.rtiindia.org/law/


Thank You!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Either you file first appeal or complain u/s 18 to impose penalty on the PIO. If you want to save damage to people go to the office concerned with a crowd and ask them politely to take immediate action for the safety of people.



Sent from RTI INDIA Mobile App

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Sir, I have marked various complaints to the department, D.C, S.P, lodged complaint with National Human Rights Commission, Grievance committee of DHBVN, later on with Haryana Electricity Regulatory Council, but all in vain. Please find attached the copy of the decision from HERC, Approx 30 people have visited together in their office, but they are not serious, news related to same was also published in daily newspapers.


Would request you to kindly suggest.





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Sunil Ahya

You may file a first appeal before the First Appellate Authority of the PIO where you had originally filed your RTI application, on the following grounds:


Grounds of First Appeal:

1. A Public Information Officer, while dealing with a request for information can come across two specific situations:

Situation A –
Requested information is not available with the PIO with whom the RTI Application has been filed, but it is available with another PIO within the Same Public Authority,

Section 5(4) read along with section 5(5) has been laid down for such situations.

Situation B -
Requested information is not available with the PIO with whom the RTI Application has been filed, but it is available with another PIO of another Public Authority.

Section 6(3) of the RTI Act has been laid down for such situations.

(Please refer to the enclosure for a detailed reasoning on the subject).


2. While processing the said RTI application, the PIO has invoked section 6(3) for the purpose of transferring it to another Officer (incidentally a Public Information Officer) within the same Public Authority,

Whereas, as pet the provision of section 6(3), it has been enacted for the purpose of transferring a RTI application to another Officer of another Public Authority and not for another Officer of the same Public Authority,


Thus, the PIO has processed the said RTI application, in violation of section 5(4) read with section 6(3) of the RTI Act, as well as, in violation of the case law laid down by the Hon’ble Delhi High Court’s Judgment in W.P. © 288/2009 in The CPIO, Supreme Court of India v/s. Subhash Chandra Agarwal & Anr.

Enclosed Herewith:

a) Detailed Reasoning on the subject of – Transfer of a RTI Application – Section 5(4) + 5(5) or Section 6(3) of the RTI Act.

b) Relevant extract from the Hon’ble Delhi High Court’ decision in W.P. © 288/2009,

c) PIO’s Letter Dated: XXXX.



> Download the aforesaid Annexures from the following link and enclose it with your first appeal:


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • Shrawan
      By Shrawan
      How RTI Act came to his rescue Karthik Subramanian

      A resident has resolved his property tax row "I was made to run from pillar to post despite a court ruling in my favour. Ultimately it was RTI that helped me."  
      CHENNAI : A residents' welfare activist from Pattabiram has used the Right to Information Act (RTI) to settle a 15-year-long dispute with the Avadi Municipality over property tax assessment.
      Augustine Roy Rozario, a resident of Cholan Nagar in Pattabiram, said he had disputed the municipality's assessment of his annual rental value and subsequently the half-yearly property tax in 1989.
      "The officials had fixed the tax twice as much as that for other similar houses nearby. I had submitted a revision petition within 30 days of the assessment and subsequently filed petitions at the Tax Appeal Committee meetings. They never revised my tax and ultimately issued a notice in 1992 saying that my property would be attached if I did not pay dues, as calculated by them."
      Mr.Rozario moved the Poonamallee court in 1992, which ultimately gave an order in his favour in 2004. The court ordered that the assessment done by Avadi Municipality was arbitrary. The municipal officers, however, decided to challenge the order as it was granted ex-parte. With no legal action in the last two years, Mr.Rozario decided to seek information under the RTI about the reasons for the delay in re-assessment of his property to settle the issue.
      "Not an easy task"

      Even though it was the questions he filed under the RTI that finally helped Mr. Rozario resolve the tax dispute, he said the procedures he went through were not easy.
      "It was not easy to file the application, as I had to obtain the treasury challan from the Chennai Collectorate, get the head of accounts from the general-secretary of the Thandurai-Pattabiram Consumer Protection Council, remit Rs.10 in cash at the State Bank of India, Treasury Branch, in Thousand Lights, and finally send the application by registered post."
      Mr.Rozario was shocked when his application was returned because of a spelling mistake in the name of the Principal Information Officer.
      "I had spelt the name as Varadarajan instead of Varadarajulu. However, the officer was courteous and kind enough to accept the application when he personally explained and handed over the representation."
      Though the Municipal Administration Department had forwarded the RTI application to Avadi Municipality, Mr.Rozario did not get a reply within the stipulated 30 days. He then sent an appeal under Section 19(1) of RTI to the Appellate Authority.
      Finally, the revenue officials of Avadi Municipality visited Mr.Rozario's residence in December and he was able to get the property reassessed.
      The full article can be read here: How RTI Act came to his rescue « Right2Information
    • smt indira pandey
      By smt indira pandey
      my forefather had a property nearby jabalpur city(M.P.)my mother paid tax before last 10 years,after my mother's death i could not search or found that property bcoz i have no related papers.last week i heard from someone that one unauthorised man tried to sale this property by fales affidavit . what action i take pl. suggest ?


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy