soni.rajender

RTI filed in DHBVN against lack of safety measures leading to loss of life and property

Question

soni.rajender

Team, DHBVN, Rewari is not following any safety measures means no fencing around transformers, loose wires etc. which may result in accident and lead to the loss of life also.

I have filed the attached RTI on 29 Apr 2014, but till date the PIOs are transferring the application to other PIOs under section 6(3) i.e. from DHBVN, Hisar, to DHBVN-Palwal, then DHBVN-Palwal transfer to DHBVN-Rewari and so on. these are transferring to others branches/offices under section 6(3).

Please suggest, its more than 1 month, I am waiting for the information.

Regards

Rajender Soni

RTI-DHBVN-Electricity Act.docx

5 answers to this question

rtiindia

Hi soni.rajender and welcome to RTI INDIA- Right to Information! This is an introductory reply and members of our forum shall reply to your specific query shortly.

You have just made a post at our community which is dedicated to helping you in matters of Right to Information. If you are new to RTI, you should read this article here What is Right to Information? - Guide. And if you are interested in reading the whole RTI Act please go to the following link: Right to Information Act 2005 [RTI Wiki]

PLEASE NOTE: We may not be able to answer your query conclusively, if it is not related to RTI, like finding a mobile number, vehicle registration number etc. These are not related to RTI.

soni.rajender here are some more links for you to explore about #RTI:

1. Download RTI Forms: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/docs/cat/11-sample-rti-forms/

2. Read here about How to Become RTI Activist

3. Read here RTI Online- Step by Step Guide to File RTI Online

4. Here you shall find various Centre / State RTI Rules and Fees: http://www.rtiindia.org/guide/centrestate-rti-rules-and-fees-3/

5. Read here about various case laws of RTI: http://www.rtiindia.org/law/

Thank You!

MANOJ B. PATEL

Either you file first appeal or complain u/s 18 to impose penalty on the PIO. If you want to save damage to people go to the office concerned with a crowd and ask them politely to take immediate action for the safety of people.

Sent from RTI INDIA Mobile App

soni.rajender

Sir, I have marked various complaints to the department, D.C, S.P, lodged complaint with National Human Rights Commission, Grievance committee of DHBVN, later on with Haryana Electricity Regulatory Council, but all in vain. Please find attached the copy of the decision from HERC, Approx 30 people have visited together in their office, but they are not serious, news related to same was also published in daily newspapers.

Would request you to kindly suggest.

5U07TKYJ2b6TL1d35YW1TgMd.jpg

942QHHWJe792TXD068RHATBR.jpg

bDQda5b7NeVDd8TN5EXP0P4T.jpg

J0gLRdaRDWaA6YQ93WXQYDLD.jpg

Sunil Ahya

You may file a first appeal before the First Appellate Authority of the PIO where you had originally filed your RTI application, on the following grounds:

Grounds of First Appeal:

1. A Public Information Officer, while dealing with a request for information can come across two specific situations:

Situation A –
Requested information is not available with the PIO with whom the RTI Application has been filed, but it is available with another PIO within the Same Public Authority,

Section 5(4) read along with section 5(5) has been laid down for such situations.

Situation B -
Requested information is not available with the PIO with whom the RTI Application has been filed, but it is available with another PIO of another Public Authority.

Section 6(3) of the RTI Act has been laid down for such situations.

(Please refer to the enclosure for a detailed reasoning on the subject).

2. While processing the said RTI application, the PIO has invoked section 6(3) for the purpose of transferring it to another Officer (incidentally a Public Information Officer) within the same Public Authority,

Whereas, as pet the provision of section 6(3), it has been enacted for the purpose of transferring a RTI application to another Officer of another Public Authority and not for another Officer of the same Public Authority,

Thus, the PIO has processed the said RTI application, in violation of section 5(4) read with section 6(3) of the RTI Act, as well as, in violation of the case law laid down by the Hon’ble Delhi High Court’s Judgment in W.P. © 288/2009 in The CPIO, Supreme Court of India v/s. Subhash Chandra Agarwal & Anr.

Enclosed Herewith:

a) Detailed Reasoning on the subject of – Transfer of a RTI Application – Section 5(4) + 5(5) or Section 6(3) of the RTI Act.

b) Relevant extract from the Hon’ble Delhi High Court’ decision in W.P. © 288/2009,

c) PIO’s Letter Dated: XXXX.

> Download the aforesaid Annexures from the following link and enclose it with your first appeal: