- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
i have not recived my passport after one and half year or application. now i want to appeal through my rti
please tell me d procedure
Despite easier rules to obtain a passport, my case has been(and is) a nightmarish one.
Two previous applications to the Bareilly Passport Office(one in 2000, the other in 2003), yielded no passports, because I was studying in Delhi, and address verification at my Dehra Dun home couldn't get done(although I did reach home both times to do the needful - read going to the SHO in Doon valley, meeting travel agents of various kinds, etc.)
Now I need a tatkal passport as I need to travel from office to Canada.
Several trips to the Delhi RPO yield nothing but tears(on my end, that is).
The problem, you might ask - the Delhi RPO wants a letter / fax from the Bareilly office, saying they have closed the applications.
Sounds easy, doesn't it?
But it is anything but that, believe me.
The Bareilly people say they have destroyed all documents. And won't give me this in writing.
To my question as to whether I can apply afresh, without mentioning my previous applications, they have this to say,"do saal ka imprisonment hain, madam. Dekh lijiye."
Do any of you have any idea what can be done in this case?
Should I consult a legal expert? any suggestions who?
The RTI link on the passport site is under construction.
Pretty convenient, isn't it?
I need some answers here.