News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
kharapriyank

pasport change and renewal

Question

kharapriyank

Hello,

2 answers to this question

G.R.Vidyaranya

Do not post multiple times.

jps50

Please do not post multiple threads on same issue.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• Shrawan
      By Shrawan
      We would like to know how would you define an RTI Activist and how would you name them.

I came across a word 'Info Activist' in one of the Newspaper!

Would you define activist as:

Those who regularly seek information from Public Offices for larger public good or would you define them as those who help others in framing and using RTI. Personally, I think it is a mix of both.

But is there a proportion and degrees?

or is there some other definition to add?

Is the term limited to only organized Activist like an NGO, Samiti, organization?

I am opening the poll for the same. Kindly vote to let us all know.
    • Saig21
      By Saig21
      Hi

My name is Sai Ghatpande, a resident of Mumbai. My passport was expiring this June and hence on 23 Jan 2009 i submitted my papers to the Passport office.

It took 2 1/2 weeks and my papers hadn't reached my local area police station. When i made inquries, i was told that my papers were misplaced and i had to go to the CID office to get duplicate papers. The papers were then re-submitted to the Oshiwara police station and on 21 feb 2009 i went and signed for my verification. Since then i have been waiting for my passport to be delievered. Today when i checked on their website, it said that on 15.04.2009 my passport will be dispatched. Which means the whole proceedure will take over 2 months and i dont even know when i am getting my passport.

I was told that filing a complain with RTI will help. I mailed my complaint to the address that was given on the mumbai passport website.

I am hoping that you guys help me and tell me what i can do, can i gfile a complain? if yes, then where...

Hoping to hear from you,

Regards

Sai Ghatpande

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy