- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
This topic is now closed to further replies.
We would like to know how would you define an RTI Activist and how would you name them.
I came across a word 'Info Activist' in one of the Newspaper!
Would you define activist as:
Those who regularly seek information from Public Offices for larger public good or would you define them as those who help others in framing and using RTI. Personally, I think it is a mix of both.
But is there a proportion and degrees?
or is there some other definition to add?
Is the term limited to only organized Activist like an NGO, Samiti, organization?
I am opening the poll for the same. Kindly vote to let us all know.
My name is Sai Ghatpande, a resident of Mumbai. My passport was expiring this June and hence on 23 Jan 2009 i submitted my papers to the Passport office.
It took 2 1/2 weeks and my papers hadn't reached my local area police station. When i made inquries, i was told that my papers were misplaced and i had to go to the CID office to get duplicate papers. The papers were then re-submitted to the Oshiwara police station and on 21 feb 2009 i went and signed for my verification. Since then i have been waiting for my passport to be delievered. Today when i checked on their website, it said that on 15.04.2009 my passport will be dispatched. Which means the whole proceedure will take over 2 months and i dont even know when i am getting my passport.
I was told that filing a complain with RTI will help. I mailed my complaint to the address that was given on the mumbai passport website.
I am hoping that you guys help me and tell me what i can do, can i gfile a complain? if yes, then where...
Hoping to hear from you,