News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
ashokklunawat

Postal order validity period

Question

ashokklunawat

Hello,

Plz provide me copy of relevant amended circular or notification regarding validity of postal order was increased from 6 months to 2 years.

3 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Hon.C.J. Karira has provided complete details in some other post on Indian Postal orders. You may even get those details from India Post website.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• venugopal
      By venugopal
      I had asked for the information from the superintendent of Post Office about details of my registered letter which I had booked 3 years before, but he has refused to give the information saying that he cannot give that information.

He has not written why he cannot give that information. Should I go for appeal?
    • Shrawan
      By Shrawan
      CENTRAL INFORMATION COMMISSION
      BLOCK IV, OLD JNU CAMPUS, NEW DELHI 110067

F.No.PBA/06/149
      22nd September, 2006

Appeal No.112 /ICPB/2006

In the matter of Right to Information Act, 2005 – Section 19.

Appellant: Shri Dhruba Charan Naik
      Public authority: Department of Post, Orissa Circle, Bhubaneshwar. The Sr. Supdt. of Post Offices & CPIO. Shri S.K. Kamila, Director Postal Services – Appellate Authority.
      FACTS:

By an application dated 21.3.2006 addressed to the CPIO, the appellant has requested for information regarding percentage of marks obtained by the last candidate (category wise i.e. OBC/SC/ST) of selected candidates of open market for filling up vacancies of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants for the recruitment years 1994, 1995 and 1996 separately,
      pertaining to Sundargarh Postal Division. It appears that the CPIO declined to furnish the information and accordingly he appealed to the AA. By a decision dated 2.5.2006, the AA directed the CPIO to furnish the information sought for by the appellant and accordingly, the CPIO furnished certain information on 9.5.2006, which according to the appellant was incomplete and therefore, he filed an appeal before the Post Master General, who has advised him that the second appeal lies before this Commission and accordingly, the appellant has filed
      this appeal on 25.6.2006. Comments were called for from the CPIO in which the CPIO has furnished full information and it is also stated that similar information has been sent to the appellant. On receipt of the comments and reply, the appellant has written to the CPIO on 17.8.2006, seeking for certain clarification and endorsing a copy of the said letter, the appellant has sought time to file his rejoinder after receipt of clarifications from the CPIO.

DECISION:

From the reply furnished to the appellant as per the comments, I find that whatever information that the appellant had sought, the same has been furnished to the appellant. In his letter dated 17.8.2006 addressed to the CPIO, the appellant has not questioned the information
      furnished but has asked for not only additional information but also raised various queries un connected with the information sought and provided. A far as this appeal is concerned, since the information sought has been provided, the appeal stands closed.

3. Let a copy of this decision be sent to the appellant and CPIO.

Sd/-
      (Padma Balasubramanian)
      Information Commissioner

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy