News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
karira

CIC itself to pay Rs 500/- compensation

karira

In a recent decision, the CIC agreed to compensate a appelant a compensation of Rs 500/- because:

Commission has been in violation of provision of the RTI

Act 2005 in notifying parties of the date of hearing which necessitated

adjournment. The appellant Maj. Ravindran is, therefore, entitled to

compensation. The demand for Rs. 500/- can indeed be deemed

reasonable. This amount will be paid by the Commission

In the same decision, the Registrar of the Delhi High Court has confirmed that the fee has been rationalized from Rs 500/- to a more reasonable Rs. 50/-.

The full decision can be viewed at:

http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_16072007_01.pdf

• Like 1

Shrawan

thanks for sharing. One of the landmark news.

• Like 1

• Similar Content

• Harisrmite
      By Harisrmite
      If we discontinue any course before completion in a private college should we pay the full course fee as demanded by the management? (Is it legally correct for the college to ask full course fee?)
    • Harisrmite
      By Harisrmite
      I want to discontinue B.Sc. course from Indian Academy Degree college- Autonomous, Bangalore as I want to pursue B.Tech. When asked for my certificates management is demanding to pay full course fee of 3 years to return my documents. I want my certificates without paying any extra money. Please help.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy