News Ticker
seniorcitizen

Whether Maharashtra Act XXX of 2014 can be used to advantage in RTI application

Question

seniorcitizen

Sir/Madam,

The Maharashtra Act XXX of 2014 was published on 30/06/2014 in an extraordinary Govt. Gazette, this law curtails the rights and responsibilities of the talatis/tehsildars/city survey officers to a great extent, in the matter of mutation/registration of the names of the purchasers in the property cards.

I would request the experts to clarify whether this law is applicable to Mumbai City & Suburbs? & What is the best method to use it in the RTI applications to thwart the illegal monetary demands of the talatis/tehsildars/city survey officers and their agents for including the names of the purchasers in the property card?

Thanking all the experts in eager anticipation,

Senior Citizen

5 answers to this question

rtiindia

Hi seniorcitizen and welcome to RTI INDIA- Right to Information! This is an introductory reply and members of our forum shall reply to your specific query shortly.

You have just made a post at our community which is dedicated to helping you in matters of Right to Information. If you are new to RTI, you should read this article here What is Right to Information? - Guide. And if you are interested in reading the whole RTI Act please go to the following link: Right to Information Act 2005 [RTI Wiki]

PLEASE NOTE: We may not be able to answer your query conclusively, if it is not related to RTI, like finding a mobile number, vehicle registration number etc. These are not related to RTI.

seniorcitizen here are some more links for you to explore about #RTI:

1. Download RTI Forms: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/docs/cat/11-sample-rti-forms/

2. Read here about How to Become RTI Activist

3. Read here RTI Online- Step by Step Guide to File RTI Online

4. Here you shall find various Centre / State RTI Rules and Fees: http://www.rtiindia.org/guide/centrestate-rti-rules-and-fees-3/

5. Read here about various case laws of RTI: http://www.rtiindia.org/law/

Thank You!

Deshmukh1

Dear Senior Citizen

I have seen your query on Maharashtra Act No. XXX of 2014 and Curtailed Roles of Talathis..and I hope by now its already resolved the name of your / Society's property is mutated by now. If not please email me and I will explain you best legal way to get it resolved.

Adv Ibrahim Deshmukh

Legal Consultant

Email Deleted email id - not allowed for posting on the forum

Edited by karira

seniorcitizen

Sir,

My Society's name is not mutated in talati records. The Deed of Transfer for the property is already executed and registered.

Can the Society mutate its name online in the talati records? We shall be thankful for the help.

Senior Citizen

Sent from my HM NOTE 1S using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

There is a process for mutation, and verification of title documents is a must. Please make local inquiries as to whether such on line mutation is possible in your case. You can also file application to competent revenue office of that Talati records and seek information as follows:

Information solicited:

1)Please provide the laid down procedure for mutation of Talati records on line for Society.

karira
Dear Senior Citizen

I have seen your query on Maharashtra Act No. XXX of 2014 and Curtailed Roles of Talathis..and I hope by now its already resolved the name of your / Society's property is mutated by now. If not please email me and I will explain you best legal way to get it resolved.

Adv Ibrahim Deshmukh

Legal Consultant

Email Deleted email id - not allowed for posting on the forum

This is a forum open to general public and for advice / guidance on RTI matters to everyone.

We strongly discourage ONE to ONE help by private email - since then the whole purpose of the forum is lost.