abhiram yadav

A government liquor shop opened in residential area in front of my house.

Question

abhiram yadav

Dear sir

A government liquor shop opened in residential area in front of my house within the radius of 10 meters from temple and school. I have already complaint to the respected authority but not a single action is being taken by respected authority. I and my elder brother both are a combatant member of Indian Air Force reside away from our families and my father is a state government employee and remains unavailable most of the time. My mother and two sisters are living in fearsome environment. Please tell me to do rti.

18 answers to this question

rtiindia

Hi abhiram yadav and welcome to RTI INDIA- Right to Information! This is an introductory reply and members of our forum shall reply to your specific query shortly.

You have just made a post at our community which is dedicated to helping you in matters of Right to Information. If you are new to RTI, you should read this article here What is Right to Information? - Guide. And if you are interested in reading the whole RTI Act please go to the following link: Right to Information Act 2005 [RTI Wiki]

PLEASE NOTE: We may not be able to answer your query conclusively, if it is not related to RTI, like finding a mobile number, vehicle registration number etc. These are not related to RTI.

abhiram yadav here are some more links for you to explore about #RTI:

1. Download RTI Forms: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/docs/cat/11-sample-rti-forms/

2. Read here about How to Become RTI Activist

3. Read here RTI Online- Step by Step Guide to File RTI Online

4. Here you shall find various Centre / State RTI Rules and Fees: http://www.rtiindia.org/guide/centrestate-rti-rules-and-fees-3/

5. Read here about various case laws of RTI: http://www.rtiindia.org/law/

Thank You!

koteswararaonerella

OPENING liquor shops near scholos and temple stricytly prohibited as PER THE rules of issue of liquor license WHICH YOU CAN GET through GOOGLE search on liquor shop licensing.You are combat fighter and don't leave it since it affects personally also.Please specify the authority to whom you have given he complaint so that we can guide you further.

Prasad GLN

If possible, obtain three or photographs with exact measurements and file RTI Application seeking the name of the official who has permitted license, and the frequency of inspection, and number of complaints so far received for change of location, and action taken against such complaints/grievances. Your RTI Application and fee should be as per State format.

Once you receive the information, armed with such information, complain direct to the Minister, and if they have a grievance mechanism in state, lodge grievance in online portal.

MANOJ B. PATEL

Send a reliable friend to the liquor shop as a pretext of talking about price etc, and make a video recording of it by mobile phone so it will be very useful for future.

koteswararaonerella

There is a Supreme COURT JUDGEMENT ON THIS pronounced on 25-02-2008 by judges A.K.Mathur and Allm JJ who declared there should be no liqour shop WITHIN 100mts.or 700 ft.from school/collge or religious place in the case of UP Vs Manishkuma and other.try to get it and fight.

Prasad GLN

Thread poster may file RTI Application quoting that apex court Judgment and information solicited may be as follows:

Application soliciting information under RTI Act.

Public Information officer, Office of the Supdt., of State Excise,................. with

RTI fee: ....................(as prescribed by state/mode (Postal order etc.,)

Brief Facts: As per Supreme Court judgment dt.25-02-08 by his Lordships AK Mathur and Alim JJ " in The case of Govt of UP vs. Manikumar and others Liquor shop within 100 mts to 700mts from school/college/Religious should not be given licence.

A liquor shop with the name "................................." is being licensed which is .....mts away from .......Temple" which amounts to violation of Supreme Court Judgment and even contempt of court.(Photograph showing temple/liquor shop is enclosed)

Information solicited:

1)Please provide the name of the officer in whose jurisdiction the license was given and his report on record if any.

2)Please inform No.of complaints received against such location of the shop earlier, if so dates of such complaints, action taken on such reports.

3)Please inform the name of the official against whom complaint has to be lodged for licensing

4)Please inform the Name of the official, designation to whom complaint has to be lodged with for violating Supreme Court directions.

5)Please also treat this application as complaint also and intimate action taken against such official on such deliberate violation of Supreme Court Judgement.

6)Please inform if any action/notice was given so far by Supdt., of Police against such liquor shop for relocating the shop and if so, time given for shifting, and response from licensed owner

7)Please inform the Name of the owner, his occupation (other than business) and residential/office address.

there on.....

koteswararaonerella

In Punjab DYALAPUR (VILL)Zirakpur tehsil where even the surpanch and entire village protested and went upto Punja Human Rights Commission who directed the Asst.Excise Commissioner but simply replied that h will enquire and give report.This is the careless attitude of the officials such things are happening.

abhiram yadav

Removal of government liquor shop(Desi daru ka theka) opened in residential area within the radius of 10 meters from temple and school

Sir

1. I have the honour to request that my attached application may please be considered sympathetically.

2. I am resident of village- ghosi tola, near vijay cinema , post +dist- Munger, state- Bihar, Pin code-811201.

(a) A government liquor shop which is also used as the drinking place where the drinker and bad elements sits and drink in front of my house in a large number from morning to late night. Which leads an unprotected environment to my family members due to a great numbers of drinker and bad elements roam across day and night.

(b) The land used for liquor shop is made for purpose of residence and the liquor shop is just infront of my house , many times the drunk customer knocks the gate of my house at late night for the liquor.

© I and my elder brother who is also a combatant member of Indian Air Force reside away from our families. My father is a bihar government employee in health department and remains unavailable most of the time due to official visits to other places as per the service requirement. My mother and two sisters remains alone most of the time at home. My mother and two sisters are living in a fearsome environment.

(d) In addition , this liquor shop is located within the radius of 10 meters from temple and within 50 meters radius of government girls high school and government boys high school. The presence of liquor shop near to school vicinity gives bad impression on the school going children.

(e) ln view of the above, it is requested that necessary actions may be initiated for the shifting or removal of liquor shop from the present location.

(f) same application I have already complaint to the respected authority from the previous 4-5 month but no any single action is being taken by the authority. Please help me.

karira

Two threads by the same poster, on the same subject topic have been merged.

DO NOT start multiple threads on the same topic.

==============

Your post No. 9 above is not a correct RTI application.

Refer to post No. 7 above and redraft accordingly, merging your and the other draft, after deleting common content.

GUNASELVAM_V

In TamilNadu there are many such Govt Liquor Shops either shifted / closed due to protest by the people particularly women and children. This has to be done as a mass movement by coordinating with people in your area. Alternatively another location, if shown to the Govt authority, it can be solved by involving the public representative ( Ward Councillor of ruling party), Tahslidar, and Local Police Inspector. Till such time you can ask for posting police constable near liquor shop at least in night times to avoid nuisance likely to be created by the users. RTI may not solve the issue straight away.

koteswararaonerella

Are you doing something on this Mr.Yadav ?

Prasad GLN

RTI never boasts that it can cure all, but shows the way to destination. Once the names of officials involved are brought on record, concerned officials may apprehend harm to their jobs and may amend in time. All these efforts (RTI efforts) make a record for smooth settlement at lower levels without going into litigation, and will be recognised as genuine efforts , ultimately when it reaches into a litigation.

GUNASELVAM_V

I agree Mr.Prasad. But some times the affected people think that through RTI the concerned officials can be punished straightaway and there are many agents involved who misguide people also. But you people create very good awareness on RTI.

abhiram yadav

I am serving Indian Air Force and reside away from our families. My mother and two sisters are living in fearsome environment.

Sent from RTI INDIA Mobile App

abhiram yadav

Give me a great idea to close that liquor shop in a fast way.

Sent from RTI INDIA Mobile App

RAVEENA_O

The licence is granted only after obtaining No Objection from the neighbours as a pre-condition. These liquor licence holders have direct nexus with political and administrative systems. You cannot do anything in individual capacity.

Make a joint representation by people of the locality to the Commissioner, State Excise Department, Superintendent of Police of the area & District Collector, for immediate closure / relocation of the shop in line with the grounds mentioned in your post no.9 above. Give details of the Schools and the religious worshiping places around.

Wait for a period of one month. Thereafter file RTI Application with the PIOs of all the three authorities and seek -

[1] certified copy of the note sheet containing notings by various officials and decision of the competent authority on joint representation dt ..............submitted by Mr...... and 50 others in connection with closure / relocation of liquor shop from ............................

[2] If not action is initiated on joint representation dt ..............submitted by Mr...... and 50 others in connection with closure / relocation of country/IMFL liquor shop from ............................, then please let me know the name, designation and office address of the officer(s) and subordinate staff, who are responsible to take necessary action on the joint representation.

[3] certified copy of application and its enclousres and annexures submitted by the licence holder for grant of Liquor Licence to run lilquor shop under the name and style .................................. (name and No. of liquor shop) at .......................... (place) as submitted before the authorities.

[4] Certified copy of all the pages of case file under which the case for grant of liquor licence to run liquor shop at ........................................(place details) was granted to M/s ......................... (name and shop / licence no.) along with its enclosures, feasibility report submitted by inspecting official, report from the competent Police Authority, No Objection Certificate from residents adjoining the location.

[5] Please inform me the name, designation & office address of the officers who had inspected the spot prior to grant of Country/IMFL/Liquor licence for running liquor shop at ................................. (give place details).

[6] Certified copy of the report of inspection / feasibility report submitted by Inspecting Official of Excise Department, after prior spot inspection of the location for grant of Country/IMFL/Liquor licence for running liquor shop at .....................................(give place details).

[7] Certified copy of the report of inspection / feasibility report submitted by Police Inspector, after prior spot inspection of the location for grant of Country/IMFL/Liquor licence for running liquor shop at .....................................(give place details).

[7] certified copy of the notice inviting objection from people of the locality, with regard to grant of licence for running liquor shop at ........................ (location).

[8] Certified copies of all the objections received and decisions on each of such objection with regard to granting approval / sanction for issuance of liquor licence to M/s ............. for running liquor shop at .................... (place)

[9] certified copy of the note sheet containing notings by various officials and decision of the competent authority thereby granting approval / sanction for issuance of liquor licence to M/s ............. for running liquor shop at .................... (place)

[10] Certified copy of the Rule / Regulation / Notification / Circular / Memorandum / Code under which permission to run Liquor Shop within 400 meters of Schools, Colleges, Temples or religious worship places is permissible in State of Bihar.

[11] Certified copy of the Rule / Regulation / Notification / Circular / Memorandum /

Schedule of Power / Code in which indicate the designation of competent authority to grant permission to run Liquor Shop within 400 meters of Schools, Colleges, Temples or religious worship places in State of Bihar is stipulated.

PS: There are two types of licence - for Country Liquor and IMFL (Indian Made Foreign Liquor). If you can ascertain the exact type of liquor being sold, please include that type in querries above, wherever Country/IMFL is written.

Prasad GLN

We believe the old proverb ""We treat, He cures

GUNASELVAM_V

Dear Yadav. There will be definite response if you forward your complaint/request through your head of office to the District collector and DIG of Police in the District. Normally officials mark it "personal attention" and respond to the Army people as they are serving our country. Also go according to Mr.Raveena's model RTI draft. When things are in others hand we may have to wait for the Good as we are living in democratic country.