News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Sajib Nandi

Gujarat: PM's wife Jashodaben files RTI about her security cover

Sajib Nandi

Read more:

Jashodaben files RTI about her security cover

Jashodaben files RTI about her security cover

Narendra Modi’s wife files RTI request in Gujarat: What services, security am I entitled to?

PM Narendra Modi’s wife files RTI request in Gujarat: What services, security am I entitled to? | The Indian Express

PM Modi's wife Jashodaben 'unhappy' over security cover, files RTI to seek details from government

PM Modi's wife Jashodaben 'unhappy' over security cover, files RTI to seek details from government - The Times of India

aslamkhan

PM Modi's Estranged Wife Files RTI on Her Security

PM Modi's Estranged Wife Files RTI on Her Security

Ahmedabad:Prime Minister Narendra Modi's estranged wife, Jashodaben, has filed an RTI application asking for an explanation of the sort of security that she gets from the government.

After Mr Modi was elected in May, Jashodaben was given round-the-clock security; she is protected by 10 commandos, five per shift, provided by the Gujarat government. (Also Read: If He Calls Me Once, I Will Go With Him, Says Narendra Modi's Wife)

In her three-page application, Jashoda Chiman Modi, a retired school teacher who lives in Brahmanwada village in Unjha, Mehsana district, has said, "I am the wife of the Prime Minister and as per protocol, I seek details on what other facilities other than security cover I am entitled to...I should be provided a certified copy of the order under which security is provided to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's family members, brothers, sisters and me."

She has also stated, "I travel by public transport while my security personnel travel in official vehicles."

Jashodaben_at_Mehsana_district_SP_office_650.jpg

Her application states, "Given that former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was assassinated by her security guards, I am frightened by the presence of the security cover. So kindly provide me all details about the security personnel provided to me."

In April, Mr Modi for the first time publicly declared that he is married - he had not commented before that on reports that he had an arranged marriage when he was 17. In election papers declaring him a candidate for Parliament, he wrote the name "Jashodaben" in a column regarding his marital status. He had left the column blank on previous occasions, including in the last Gujarat state election in 2012.

The Congress party had said that Mr Modi's failure to acknowledge his marriage suggested that he does not respect women.

Jashodaben told a newspaper in February this year that Mr Modi left her after three years, during which they spent some three months together; she said they parted amicably.

MANOJ B. PATEL

Mrs. Jashodaben Modi w/o Mr. Narendra Modi, Honourable PM of India has filed an RTI application to the PIO, SP office Mehsana Gujarat State with a request to provide information about the protocol related to security to be provided to PM's wife and she has also stated that she's afraid of the security provided for her own safety. By quoting late smt Indira Gandhi's assassination by her own security staff.

The news are published in TOI and Ahmedabad Mirror today that is 25th of November 2014. A clipping of newspaper is attached.

pm1.JPG

pm2.jpg

pm3.JPG

Sajib Nandi

Is SPG chief Durga Prasad's removal and RTI by Modi's wife Jashodaben linked?

According to reports, Prime Minister Narendra Modi signed the file, removing current SPG chief, while he was on his way to Nepal to attend the SAARC summit. Astonishingly, current SPG chief was also in the same plane, but he was clueless till the last moment.

Read more at: Is SPG chief Durga Prasad's removal and RTI by Modi's wife Jashodaben linked? - Oneindia

akhilesh yadav

[h=1]Police denies information under RTI to Narendra Modi's wife Jashodaben[/h]

AHMEDABAD: Information sought by Jashodaben, wife of prime minister Narendra Modi, on the security cover given to her through an RTI has been denied by the Mehsana police on the ground that her queries were related to local intelligence bureau (LIB) which is exempted under RTI Act.

Read more at: Police denies information under RTI to Narendra Modi's wife Jashodaben - The Economic Times

karira

Attached is the copy of the RTI application filed by Ms Jashodaben.

Jashodaben_RTI_query_3_pages_650.jpg

aslamkhan

amazing now what feature RTI has under this present government......

Sajib Nandi

[h=1]JASHODABEN APPEALS AGAINST REJECTION OF RTI[/h]

The 64-year-old feels that the application was filed as the wife of PM, while the reply provided in the name of her father which has insulted her dignity as a married woman. The retired school teacher also feels that the reply to her RTI is unsatisfactory.

Read more at: Jashodaben appeals against rejection of RTI - Ahmedabad Mirror

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member, News published in Ahmedabad Mirror dated 1.1.2015 " Jashodaben appeals against rejection of RTI"-" Application filed as PM's wife, but the reply mentioned maiden name". The reply given to her query is related to LIB and as per Gujarat Home Department, LIB is exempted from RTI Act and so the information can not be given to her. Clipping of news paper is enclosed for members to read.

photo (20).JPG

akhilesh yadav

[h=1]Jashodaben denied info under RTI again[/h]Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s wife Jashodaben, who has challenged the denial of information she had sought under RTI in November on her security and privileges as PM’s spouse, was again denied the same. In November 2014, Jashodaben had filed an application under the RTI Act with the Mehsana police seeking details of the security provided to her after Modi became Prime Minister.

On December 27, 2014, she was denied the information by the Mehsana police on the ground that her queries were related to Local Intelligence Bureau (LIB) which is exempted under the Act. However, on January 2, she filed another appeal.

Mehsana District Police Superintendent, J R Mothalia, in the reply dated February 6, 2015 (accessed by The Indian Express), states: “The information which you have sought for it comes under LIB department and as per the home department of Gujarat Government’s circular SB/1/102001/8203/GOI dated 25/10/2005, the LIB is exempted from providing this information.”

Read at: Jashodaben denied info under RTI again | The Indian Express

akhilesh yadav

Jashodaben moves State Information Commission with fresh RTI

Jashodaben, wife of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, filed a fresh RTI application at the State Information Commission in Gandhinagar Saturday, challenging the Mehsana RTI appellate authority’s February 6 order, which denied her information she had sought under RTI in November, 2104, on her security and privileges as PM’s spouse.In the February order, Mehsana District Police Superintendent J R Mothalia had denied Jashodaben the information, arguing that it came under LIB department and as per a 2005 circular of Gujarat Government’s home department, the LIB was exempted from providing the information.

Read at: http://Jashodaben moves State Information Commission with fresh RTI | The Indian Express

MANOJ B. PATEL

Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s estranged wife Jashodaben Modi has filed an appeal with the RTI commissioner to find out about the security protocol and her entitlements as PM’s wife.

She also filed an RTI application with Mehsana police in November 2014 asking for details of her security following Modi’s elevation as Prime Minister.Read more at;

Jashodaben files second RTI appeal

karira

Now, some Information Commissioner will term her as a "serial RTI applicant" and "misuser of RTI".

Ha Ha Ha LOL !

harinder dhingra

It is really sorry state of affairs that wife of Hon'ble Prime Minister has to resort to seek information under RTI Act 2005 and has to go to SIC level to plead for information concerning herself to be provided to her.

Our Hon'ble Prime Minister for whom I have the highest REGARDS should spare few moments of his life to sort al the issues/information needed by her as it is in very bad TASTE.

hd

Prasad GLN

Hon. Hd., PM has received enough advises on this issue from his trusted followers.

harinder dhingra

Yes I agree with You Learned Mr. G L N Prasad Sir.

You are right and it is a fact that Hon'ble PM is very -very wise man and has trusted aides and followers who are much more intelligent, wise and correct as compared to your truly.

But perception matters in Lok Raj. From a ordinary citizen point of view this does not reflect and augur well for Hon'ble PM that his wife (ex) has to run from pillar to post to know why the security is there? It is the DUTY of Hon'ble PM to see that information is provided to her and common man feels that there is a rule of law in this country.

harinder dhingra

Prasad GLN

When even mention of Mr.Modi's name makes wonders, can one expect such treatment to his wife and particularly when Mr.Modi was CM of that state also.

(Just recall the incident when a citizen inquired about delay in passport, concerned officer recklessly replied "go and ask Modi, as you have voted for him", which the citizen has faithfully transmitted through what'sap to PM Secretariat and you know what happened to him like suspension, ACB raids. All this just by naming him, so who are not aware of PM's wife, then why all this delay and why is she taking this issue so seriously, though she has taken more serious things in life most casually till know and had sacrificed many things in life ? ....some things common man can not understand)

harinder dhingra

Learned Mr. G L N Prasad Sir,

Please understand the situation. Here a lady who is acknowledged by Hon'ble PM to be his ex-wife is trailed in Police Jeeps when she is travelling by bus ( I do not know how effective is that from security point of view) then the learned SPIO cum DSP has to provide her information. What is She asking for? Information which You & Me get as a matter of right. What is wrong in providing that to her? It does not speak well for any democracy let alone the largest democracy of the world.

Sir, as far as Passport officer fate it proves my point that it is not auguring well for the present rulers and undersigned is last person to be scared of anyone if it hampers the undersigned right to say.

harinder dhingra

Prasad GLN

Sorry Hd saab, I have been misunderstood. SPIO knows as to who is asking and her relationship with PM. When even mention of name can do wonders (PPO example was given in that context) , why SPIO is dodging the matter is the issue.

harinder dhingra

Learned Mr. G L N Prasad Sir,

No, No, No, the issue I have understood but only thing I am trying to convey is that the whole issue IS NOT IN GOOD TASTE as it involves Hon'ble PM and his wife.

hd

Prasad GLN

Who is making all this as issue ?

Public Authority ? PMO ? Madam applicant ? Opposition ? Media ?

harinder dhingra

I am the last person to waste my time in finding out who is making it issue Learned Mr. G L N Prasad Sir.

All I am saying is that Hon'ble PM should take initiative and see to it that information is provided to her subject to Section 8 or and 9 of RTI Act 2005.

This issue is not in good taste and is doing no good to any of the parties mentioned in your above post.

hd

• Similar Content

• Sanjay1
      By Sanjay1
      I had asked for information under RTI Act but the information seems to have been just sent for formality sake & is incomplete. What should I do ?
    • Sanjay1
      By Sanjay1
      I have submitted an application under RTI to HRD Ministry. But I have not received any acknowledgement for the same till now. Even the receipt for the amount deposited has been kept by them alongwith the application. What should I do ?

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy