News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
superman999

HOw to file RTI to get copy of railway Tikets booked on 28-jan-2013 from mumbai CSTM to Patna juncti

Question

superman999

HOw to file RTI to get copy of railway Tikets booked on 28-jan-2013 from mumbai CSTM to Patna junction.?

The ticket was booked from railway ticket window. i had travelled and used the ticket but now it is misplaced. and i need to submit the same in court.

I also went to railway ticket window , they said cannot get the details for old date.

Can we get the information via RTI, if so please suggest what is the format of it?

(It was sleeper waiting ticket but i donot remeber whether it was normal regular or Tatkal ticket booked from raiway counter)

Please suggest i have to submit the ticket copy in court for travelling.

9 answers to this question

superman999

HOw to file RTI to get copy of railway Tikets booked on 28-jan-2013 from mumbai CSTM to Patna junction.?

superman999

i wanted to ask something else but by mistakely same question got repeated, how to delete this above rti question?

Guest dmret

Why don't you take out PRInt of details of your ticket from railway website.

Information relating to organisation, its

evolution, passenger information, train

information, availability of

accommodation, status of tickets,

internet booking of tickets are available on Indian Railways website

Guest dmret
i wanted to ask something else but by mistakely same question got repeated, how to delete this above rti question?

Edit your both post erase everything. Write forgive me for wrong posting I was sending elsewhere please ignore it

I think this much will be enough

karira

Have you checked the Railways website to see whether they have any solution for this ?

There must be a procedure for copies of lost tickets - after completion of journey.

Best is to contact the same reservation office where the ticket was issued.

Prasad GLN

There is nothing wrong in filing RTI Application. But it is not clear as to whether the tickets pertain to ordinary travel or reservation. If it is ordinary travel, court may not accept that as evidence. But if it is a reservation travel, there is a scope of getting it within days, with good connections through RTI. Then it is not only the ticket, the proof of making that particular journey through train also forms part of reservation. However member is advised to file RTI Application and also contact Station Master and use his relations to explain him the urgency. Normally, those information which do not affect their functioning will be provided without fuss. A format is given so that print out can be handed over immediately after meeting.

But I am afraid that the journey was on Jan, 2013 and now we are almost in Dec,14, getting such copies may be difficult but not impossible. But getting a chart to prove journey may be difficult. However if Cell phone is used, he may take that evidence by identifying the cell towers and all of them put together may help in weaving alibi.

mitra80

File an rti to get copy of the chart prepared, since ticket was booked.you must know the coach n date of travel otherwise no one can help

Getting copy of the ticket is not possible post journey date..

Do post your findings here as it may help some other person like you.

Cheers !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amrendra75

You can write an RTI giving train number, Journey date, and PNR number and ask for charts submitted by the TTE to the department. This will confirm your travel and the same can be obtained by filling an RTI or an court order to railway as per evidence act.

Obtaining a duplicate train ticket seems not possible post travel by RTI.

Prasad GLN

Those ways do not come in the way of strong alibi, during cross examination, as simple boarding of a train/having a ticket are not enough of proof of performing their entire journey. The passenger after checking by TTI may get down at the next station, execute his plan, take a plane and catch the same train in a different station as can be seen in many movies.