News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Sign in to follow this  
NOELM

Public sector banks rti

Question

NOELM

Hello,

I wanted to file an RTI in the following two banks

1. Central bank of India

2. Corpration bank

Q.1 where should I apply..... ... .. .

My RTI requests subject is related to ATM cards issued under NPCL platform i.e. RUPAY debit card.

banks do not offer rupay debit cards but as per RBI guidlines every indian nationalised bank must issue it. they have put on their website but no such facility is offered in actual.

also I have found that Visa/Master card has certain service charges and huge amount of foreign exchange is shifted from india

Rupay debit card: doesn't has any charges if any then very less as per Indian rupees but Visa/Master debit card charge according to US rate.

I wanted to file an RTI

Q.2 Requesting you to please help me formulate the correct questions that i should ask.

1 answer to this question

Guest CTFORGK
Hello,

I wanted to file an RTI in the following two banks

1. Central bank of India

2. Corpration bank

Q.1 where should I apply.

You will get full address of pio for cb of India in first link

https://www.centralbankofindia.co.in/site/MainSite.aspx?status=B1&menu_id=40

And in second link you will get list corp bank

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.corpbank.com/sites/default/files/PIO-271213.pdf&sa=U&ei=74mJVODTNYfZasDKgKgK&ved=0CA0QFjAB&usg=AFQjCNGSbSx2ntmfZTBVWGKvVEjyAPiTHw

With due regards.:cool:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• karira
      By karira
      As reported by PTI on ptinews.com on 17 February 2008:
      Info on operation of ATMs not to be revealed under RTI: CIC

Info on operation of ATMs not to be revealed under RTI: CIC

New Delhi, Feb 17 (PTI) Citizens cannot invoke their right to information to compel commercial banks to share the details on operation of their ATMs, the Central Information Commission (CIC) has held.
      The Commission's observation came as it turned down an RTI application seeking certain information from the country's biggest lender SBI about the operation of its ATMs.

"Information concerning operation of ATMs is really a matter of commercial confidence and as a matter of fact, lot of security is involved in such a procedure and such information can not be given to any outsider," Information Commissioner Padma Balasubramanian said in a recent order.

The order came on a plea of G Ramachandra Rao, a resident of Kurnool in Andhra Pradesh, who had approached SBI with a plethora of queries ranging from defective disbursement of its ATMs to seeking copies of guidelines framed by RBI and Indian Banks' Association (IBA) on maintenance of the Automated Teller Machines.

Turning down Rao's request for the guidelines, General Manager of SBI's Kurnool branch had said that there were no specific guidelines of RBI or IBA on maintenance of ATMs or withdrawing excess cash from them.

On the question of defective disbursement of ATMs, the bank said that such details were specific to its customers and would fall under the category of 'third-party information', which was categorically exempted from disclosure under the RTI Act, 2005.

"I agree with the stand taken by the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO) of SBI," Balasubramanian said while disposing of the applicant's plea.
    • Bhushan1572
      By Bhushan1572
      Dear All, I need info about the ATM that is made available under the services of Banks, need to know the approximate cost of an SBI ATM.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy