News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
MAK61

PIO did not reply to the point and fully my RTI Query related to me- What next step

Question

MAK61

Hello,

I sent RTI to GGSIP University in Sep 2014 for abnormal delay of my PhD result declaration (almost 3 years). I have just now received reply but incomplete and not to the point. They have tried to skip many question/facts requested.

I can write to First Appellate Authority (in my case Registrar). What is the Procedure, Fee ? Appeal to Ist Appellate shopuld be made in one month from date of receipt of Reply by me or date written on Reply from PIO.

I am now abroad. Can I write from abroad and courier from here.

Another option suggested by one forum member GLN Prasad was to Consulmer court. My experience with District consumer court is bad. They took 5 years to decide the simple case. Can I approach directly to National Consumer Court as suggested by some member.

9 answers to this question

Guest CTFORGK

BEST IS POST YOUR POINTS AND ASK FORUM TO CORRECT IT.

PIO WILL NOT ANSWER TO QUESTIONS BUT HE CAN ONLY GIVE SPECIFIC DOCUMENTS WHICH HE HOLDS.

CHECK YOUR POINTS GENUINENESS WITH HELP OF SENIORS AND MEMBERS . ITS BEST I THINK SO.FIRST EVALUATE YOUR RTI POINTS WITH HELP OF FORUM or you can file appeal by self also.

Sunil Ahya
Hello,

I sent RTI to GGSIP University in Sep 2014 for abnormal delay of my PhD result declaration (almost 3 years). I have just now received reply but incomplete and not to the point. They have tried to skip many question/facts requested.

I can write to First Appellate Authority (in my case Registrar). What is the Procedure, Fee ? Appeal to Ist Appellate shopuld be made in one month from date of receipt of Reply by me or date written on Reply from PIO.

I am now abroad. Can I write from abroad and courier from here.

> Kindly refer to the blogs on the following link:

> Yes, you can do that, the only point is your signature !

> There are no fees for first appeal on a Central Govt. subject.

Hello,

Another option suggested by one forum member GLN Prasad was to Consulmer court. My experience with District consumer court is bad. They took 5 years to decide the simple case. Can I approach directly to National Consumer Court as suggested by some member.

You may pursue that option in parallel,

However as far as RTI is concerned keep moving forward, though first appeal and then if required second appeal.

Guest CTFORGK

As SERVICES AVAILED BY YOU IS THREE YEARS OLD AND DISTRICT CONSUMER COMPLAINTS FORUM HAS A BAR.

A BAR TO ENTERTAIN CASE NOT OLDER THEN TWO YEARS.

SO BETTER THEN PERSUE IN PARALLEL CHECK PARALLELY IS APPEAL VALID

BELOW IS EXTRACT

CONSUMER CASE : ( Under Section 12 of C.P. Act) . The complaints can be filed with the Registry of District Consumer Forum. Complaint should be accompanied by the necessary documents and verified affidavit of the Complainant

1. Required copies: 4 +Sufficient additional sets for each Opposite Parties. __________________________

2. Limitation: Complaint is to be filed within two years.....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I THINK SO Though approach to temple of law is OPEN as

The remedy under the Consumer Protection Act is an alternative in addition to that already available to the aggrieved persons/

consumers by way of civil suit.I THINK SO .

koteswararaonerella

When you feel tht PIO has not answered your RTI application correctly , you need to

.File fIRST APPEAL WITH THE correct FAA

2.No fees need to be paid.

3.you can send First appeal from ABROAD but need to give local address as otherwise they will not bear postal charges for sending REPLY abroad.

Prasad GLN

Every forum has certain Territorial /geographical & value jurisdiction. Hence, it is not possible to file case directly to NCDRC as the compensation that can be claimed by you may not exceed Rs.10 lakhs.

It is not proper to generalise a situation that once a complaint at DF has taken 5 years, each may take 5 years, as forum cases are summary in nature, and adjournments are given month wise.

If the case is prolonged, it need not be the fault of forums alone, and it depends on parties, who seek such adjournments unnecessarily for simple things. The maximum time usually taken at District forum is 1 year to 2 years. There are cases which reached NCDRC within one year as RP.

MAK61

At the time ofFiling I took opinion on this forum and as suggested I modified the RTI application and submitted.

1) Can I depute/ authorise somebody to inspect records and take copies of records by payment.

2) What is fee per page for getting photocopy of documents requested.

3) Any time limit to inspect records, Make payment to get photocopy ?

4) If it is delayed more than one month, can I still appeal to First Appellate Authority ?

5) I am out of country and likely will be back on March. Can I inspect record in March and get Photocopy and Appeal in March ?

6) Any fee for sending appeal to First Appelate Authority ? Can I send appeal from abroad ?

Thanks

Guest CTFORGK

If want to authorize other person ask him to file rti for inspection in 30 days .

If its central pio then no fees for appeal if state authority check appeal fees rules of concern state in homepage of forum .

On doubts on inspection please read SIR post 9 in thread link below .

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/133772-asked-inspect-records-post337498.html

Charges of copy are nominal and can be easily checked in homepage of forum of both centre and state .

If availing inspection always FIX APPOINTMENT PREVIOUSLY BY PHONE OR LETTER /OR ASK DIRECT SPECIFIC DAYS AND TIME FOR INSPECTION .

karira
At the time ofFiling I took opinion on this forum and as suggested I modified the RTI application and submitted.

1) Can I depute/ authorise somebody to inspect records and take copies of records by payment.

2) What is fee per page for getting photocopy of documents requested.

3) Any time limit to inspect records, Make payment to get photocopy ?

4) If it is delayed more than one month, can I still appeal to First Appellate Authority ?

5) I am out of country and likely will be back on March. Can I inspect record in March and get Photocopy and Appeal in March ?

6) Any fee for sending appeal to First Appelate Authority ? Can I send appeal from abroad ?

Thanks

1. NO. Only the applicant can inspect and can be assisted by someone during inspection.

Inspection by someone else using a authorisation letter is not allowed.

2. It is generally Rs 2.00 per page. But check the additional fees payable under the RTI rules of the state under which the University falls. These are available in our guide section:

Guide

3. Once the PIO informas you about the inspection, he will also inform you the date / time / venue for the same. Inspection is also "information" and has to be provided/facilitated within the same 30 days mandated time limit.

4. Yes, if "inspection" is delayed by more than a month, it is considered as delayed information and you can file first appeal. Give adequate allowance for postal delays, while calculating 30 days period.

5. You can write to the PIO requesting for extension of time till March. Or simply wait till you come back and refile a fresh RTI application.

6. You can file the first appeal from anywhere, but it should be by the same applicant and also from the same address as the RTI application.

For fees for first appeal, see the RTI Rules for that state under which the university falls....link is in the Guide section : Guide

Prasad GLN

1.Yes. You can authorise any person of your choice and depute him on behalf (as your representative) for inspection. But it is always better to write the same to them and get confirmation and send your representative with authorisation and his photo identity.

2.It is Rs.2 per A4 size copy.

3.First one hour is free and for every additional 15mts. slot Rs.5/- There is no fixed time limit, and you can ask the representative visit again and again, if inspection is not completed. There are no further charges for copying. Further , a mobile camera is permitted for taking copies of documents, and those documents which are most essential may only be taken as certified copies.

4.If it is delayed....is not cleared. If there is a delay on PIO part in not providing information within 30 days from receipt of RTI Application , entire information has to be given free of cost. If you wanted time, you can inform convenient date and time to you as inspection has to be fixed in mutually convenient dates. (Applicant and PIO)

5,If PIO offered inspection, you can propose dates convenient to you. First appeal can be filed within 30 days from date of inspection, as you have sufficient reasons for condoning delay (out of country)

6. Generally there are no fees for First Appeal, but some states are charging. Please search the guide.

Within 30 days from date of receipt of PIO information, First appeal has to be filed but in your case you have got sufficient reason to condone the delay, and you may file first appeal at the earliest, as it is a mere formality.