Jump to content
News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
  • 0

ancestral house




can servant become mundkar and take my ancestral house in goa

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Welcome to RTI INDIA PORTAL. Thank you for choosing RTI INDIA PORTAL.


Please click the following link and read through the topics:


RTI Information


Please do not post in to multiple forums or start multiple threads. You need to study links on home page of this website and then start drafting RTI for common problem of specific issues etc. You can post draft RTI application on this portal so that our members can refine it. Thus you will be having working knowledge of RTI over a period of time. Please also visit this website often and peruse queries and replies by our members, which will make you comfortable with RTI.


Dear Member, in addition,


To explore about RTI kindly refer following links


(A) Download RTI Forms

(B) How to Become RTI Activist

© How to file RTI Online

(D) Centre / State RTI Rules and Fees

(E) Case laws of RTI


Regard & Best Wishes.

Manoj B.Patel

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Dear member,


This portal is dedicated to discussing issues related to RTI Act 2005.


For doubts/queries, such as yours, best is to consult a knowledgeble advocate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Sunil Ahya

> A specific Act called The Goa, Daman and Diu Mundkars (Protection from Eviction) Act, 1975, has been enacted for the protection of Mundkars.

The said Act has been enacted for the purpose of protection of the mundkars against eviction from their dwelling houses and to grant them the right to purchase such houses with the sites where such houses have been built at a reasonable price and to abolish the system of free service rendered by mundkars and turn it into remunerated one.


Kindly refer to the following links:





> It would be better to get in touch with a lawyer to help you out in the matter.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Prasad GLN

The criterion is whether you are paying salary to the servant and if it is available on record. His profession as such might have been recorded either in Ration card or census enumeration. If you are paying him salary, he is just a servant and can not be said as Mundkar. If such is the case every government employee who was provided the quarters may stake his claim as such.

(I believe that it is your doubt/suspicion and you wanted to take precaution and not facing actual situation)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • bombaygirl
      By bombaygirl
      It seems Maharashtra is outdated in everything. Including giving information. A friend has unsucessfully been trying to obtain copies of land records and papers that belonged to his late grandfather. The grandfather died when my friend was a minor and his father did nothing to transfer the papers to his name.
      Now the problem is that those taluka (Shirur) and the village (Kauthe) in Pune jurisdiction officials are refusing to hand over those papers giving various excuses. Whenever my friend goes there, they do a disappearing act and despite the collector Mr. Deshmukh's intervention they are not shelling out those papers.
      Does the Maharashtra government want to grab the land? or what is it? How should we go about getting those original papers, so that my friend can legally transfer it in his name.
    • edmar
      By edmar
      I am trying to get information regarding the existance of a mamooli rasta that has been in use by the locals for the last 30 years or so but have been given the run around between one dept and another in the city corporation office.
      The reason is some influential political figures have interest in seeing that it is not provided.
      A visit to the ADLR office evoked a reply that this information is not in the public domain.
      A visit to the Town Planning Office evoked a reply that such information cannot be provided to the public.
      Does this information come from the Office of the Deputy Commissioner (in whose premises the ADLR office is situated) or from the City Corporation( where the Town Planning Office is).
      Can I get some information on this please


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy