Nand Nikhil

Marriage details of a girl

Question

Nand Nikhil

Hello,

I need to know that a girl had done registered marriage or not . where should I RTI ?

2 answers to this question

karira

Do you know in which office did she register her marriage ?

Was the marriage definitely registered ?

Then you can get information from that office.

If you do not know the exact office where the marriage was registered, it is nearly impossible.

Prasad GLN

As per Supreme Court decision "Marriage Status" is personal information and that can not be invaded.

Now marriage can be registered even through temples/churches also.

If you belong to a small place, you can visit Registrar of Marriages and seek inspection of displayed information in Notice Board for a particular period. As giving notice through notice board is required for registered marriage, hope you can get it if it is less than a year.

(Nothing is difficult in India and you can try through other sources in Registrar of Marriages as records are computerised)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• karira
      By karira
      Go-ahead was given for marriage halls, not multiplexes, malls
      Express News Service
      Ahmedabad, June 26: Real estate developers in the city sought permission to built marriage halls but instead, constructed multiplexes and malls. The Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority (AUDA) revealed this in reply to a query under RTI filed by a citizen concerned about public safety in malls and multiplexes mushrooming across the city.  
      Worried that mushrooming malls and multiplexes in the city could spell a great risk to the lives of people visiting them like in the case of Uphaar Cinema tragedy, Memnagar resident Kaushal Vinod Shah took recourse to the RTI Act and asked AUDA to explain how safe was all this booming construction for the general public.

AUDA told him that the three new buildings that have recently come in the city did not have its permission. Replying to Shah’s RTI query, senior town planner in AUDA, H P Shukla, said no such permission has been sought. If at all any permission has been sought, it was for a marriage hall. Before granting permission to such structures, AUDA and Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation carry out inspection of staircases and emergency exits and so on. However, in buildings constructed without their permission, no such inspections are carried out, and neither the authorities nor the fire and emergency officials know whether the norms have been followed or not.

On May 5 this year, AUDA was asked whether builders of Cinemax Multiplex in Dev Arcade of Himalaya Mall on Drive-In Road, R-3 Mall near Manav Mandir and Acropolis on Thaltej Crossroads had taken its permission for constructing these multiplexes, or had submitted necessary maps and drawings to AUDA for approval.

Shah, who filed the queries, said, “A number of multiplexes and malls have been sprung up on Drive In Road and S G Highway. Some have five screens that run house-full during peak hours. I hope this doesn’t turn into a tragedy like what happened at Uphaar Cinema in Delhi several years ago.”

While General Development Control Regulations (GDCR) do not apply to multiplexes since they are not high-rise buildings, they are classified as special structures, which means they are supposed to follow strict fire-safety and public safety norms.

CEO of AUDA, Jagdish Pandya said, “Since malls are low-rise buildings, they do not fall under the ambit of GDCR, which says that fire-safety regulations apply to high-rise buildings. However, we insist that they follow fire safety regulations as they are a special structure.

* Worried that mushrooming malls and multiplexes in city could spell a great risk to the lives of people visiting them like in the case of Uphaar Cinema tragedy, Memnagar resident Kaushal Vinod Shah took recourse to the RTI Act and asked AUDA to explain how safe was all this booming construction for the general public

* AUDA told him that the three new buildings that have recently come in the city did not have its permission. If at all any permission has been sought, it was for a marriage hall

Go-ahead was given for marriage halls, not multiplexes, malls

• canzystar
      By canzystar
      Deal all,

I am foreigner an this year I am planning to marry my fiance that is Indian and lives in India. I would like to know what documentation should I need to present to the Marriage Register Office?
      I hope someone have the answer to my question.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy