News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Michael Selvaraj

One Month vacating notice date

Question

Michael Selvaraj

Dear Sir,

i, tenant have rental written agreement (rent - Rs 10500 and Returnable Deposit Rs 50000 )renewed on 01/11/2014 with house owner to vacate the house with one month prior notice from either side.

As per this agreement i gave verbal notice to the house owner on 17th Dec 2014 and vacated the house on 31st Dec 2014; but the rent for the house i agreed to pay up to 15th Jan 2015 the date to complete one month notice obligation.

The house owner agreed on 17th Dec 2014 at the time of prior notice; but later when i asked my Deposit money the house owner deducts the rent for full month up to 31st Jan 2015.

So i refused to take back the deposit.

So far she has never given any receipt for my rental payment.

Please Advise me whether One Month Prior notice and rental calculation applicable any date in the a month or only first date of every month.

Can i legally claim the excess rent for 15 jan - 31 jan 2015 ?

Michael Selvaraj

[Mobile numbers not permitted on this portal]

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

THis portal is dedicated in guiding citizens while seeking information from Public Authorities under RTI Act and can not provide any suggestion/guidance in resolving rental/contractual disputes.

jps50

Your query does not relate to RTI Act 2005 to which this portal is dedicated. We guide members to access information from govt. by using this law. For your benefit, please visit home page of this portal and success stories at http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/post-your-rti-success-here.html. We do not provide information but guide members to use RTI Act for getting information from govt.