vaisakhsabu90

enquiry about engineering college fee structure

Question

vaisakhsabu90

Hello,

how can I know the fee structure for an engineering college in kerala through RTI. My cousin got allotment in an engineering college in the year 2014. At the time of joining he received a ACTIVE TUITION FEE WAIVER under the AICTE scheme where in he had to pay only 1000 Rupees per annum instead of 65000 rupees per annum. However now the college has demanded us to pay 25000 Rupees per annum saying there has been a change in government policy. So how do I file an RTI to get information regarding this change in government policy. Please help me because this is the first time I am filing an RTI

9 answers to this question

RAVEENA_O

Please file RTI Application with PIO in office of the Principal Secretary, Department of Higher Education, Secretariat, Thiruvanandapuram and demand the certified copy of the fee structure for engineering colleges in kerala.

MANOJ B. PATEL

Welcome to RTI INDIA PORTAL. Thank you for choosing RTI INDIA PORTAL.

Please click the following link and read through the topics:

RTI Information

Please do not post in to multiple forums or start multiple threads. You need to study links on home page of this website and then start drafting RTI for common problem of specific issues etc. You can post draft RTI application on this portal so that our members can refine it. Thus you will be having working knowledge of RTI over a period of time. Please also visit this website often and peruse queries and replies by our members, which will make you comfortable with RTI.

Dear Member, in addition,

To explore about RTI kindly refer following links

(A) Download RTI Forms

(B) How to Become RTI Activist

© How to file RTI Online

(D) Centre / State RTI Rules and Fees

(E) Case laws of RTI

Regard & Best Wishes.

Manoj B.Patel

koteswararaonerella

you have stated that the college has collected Rs. 1000/- in place of Rs.65000/- which indicates that the college must have followed the government order,if now they are asking for Rs.25000/- it cannot be naturally without any government order, you can get these details either personally or by filing RTI as advised in the first post.

vaisakhsabu90

thank you miss raveena. But i can only seem to find the department of higher education and not specifically the "department of higher education Secretriat ,thiruvanathapuram". would it be enough to choose the public authority as AICTE(All india council for technical education) as the fee waiver scheme comes under their category.

RAVEENA_O

The Department of Higher Education is located in Secretariat at Trivandrum.

Initially you have asked for Fee structure which is available with Dept of Higher Education only since the Committee deciding Fee Structure functions under that department.

The copy of changed Government Policy must be available with the Deptt of Higher Education, since that department implement policy of Government.

Education is a subject on concurrent list and therefore there may be policies framed by the State also. Both the Central as well as the State policies must be available with Dept of Higher Education. It is therefore better to seek the information from State authorities, as suggested.

Prasad GLN

Also file another RTI Application to any Govt. Engineering college run by State Govt. seeking copy of "Policy on fees fixed/framed by State Gov"t. It may not cost more than Rs.32/- to take a chance.

vaisakhsabu90

So to file the above mentioned RTI one at the secratriat in trivandrum and the one in a government run engineering college will i be able to do it online?

Prasad GLN

There is no on line facility at present in Kerala as per my knowledge.

Even when on line facility is available, all experts in the portal only advise use of traditional post method only.

There should be alternatives and you may decide and file two applications.