News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
soni.rajender

Urgent - hearing on 05 feb 2015

Question

soni.rajender

Team,

Thanks for all the valuable support, please find attached the order copy showing the best judgements taken by State Information Commissioner, Haryana. Really he had provided me so much help.

1. would request you to please help me in explaining the following order given by SIC:

Since Sh. S.K. Jain, SPIO has failed to turn up to Show cause notice, bailabe warrants be issued against Sh. S.K.Jain under Section 18(3) of RTI Act-2005 read with Code of Civil Procedure,1908, with the directions to the Superintendent of Police, Mahendergarh at Narnaul to serve the warrants.

2. SIC has ordered me for the inspection on 16 Jan 2015, Still I need one more chance for the inspection, please suggest how can I approach the SIC to provide me one chance to inspect the records.

3. Please guide what should be my next step, as I am not satisfied with the inspection provided to me.

4. Please guide what should I reply to SIC, in reply to the attached order.

Regards

Rajender Soni

test.pdf

4 answers to this question

rtiindia

Hi soni.rajender and welcome to RTI INDIA- Right to Information! This is an introductory reply and members of our forum shall reply to your specific query shortly.

You have just made a post at our community which is dedicated to helping you in matters of Right to Information. If you are new to RTI, you should read this article here What is Right to Information? - Guide. And if you are interested in reading the whole RTI Act please go to the following link: Right to Information Act 2005 [RTI Wiki]

PLEASE NOTE: We may not be able to answer your query conclusively, if it is not related to RTI, like finding a mobile number, vehicle registration number etc. These are not related to RTI.

soni.rajender here are some more links for you to explore about #RTI:

1. Download RTI Forms: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/docs/cat/11-sample-rti-forms/

2. Read here about How to Become RTI Activist

3. Read here http://www.rtiindia.org/law/rti-online/'>http://www.rtiindia.org/law/rti-online/

4. Here you shall find various Centre / State RTI Rules and Fees: http://www.rtiindia.org/guide/centrestate-rti-rules-and-fees-3/

5. Read here about various case laws of RTI: http://www.rtiindia.org/law/

Thank You!

RAVEENA_O

As per the SIC order, an affidavit was required to be filed after your inspection, endorsing a copy to you. Did the PIO do that? If the information is fully not supplied to you or all the relevant files were not opened up before you, you may immediately file submission to that effect to the Commission since the hearing is again fixed on 5/2/2015 on show cause notice.

Since Sh. S.K. Jain, SPIO has failed to turn up to Show cause notice, bailabe warrants be issued against Sh. S.K.Jain under Section 18(3) of RTI Act-2005 read with Code of Civil Procedure,1908, with the directions to the Superintendent of Police, Mahendergarh at Narnaul to serve the warrants.

Commission shall issue bailable warrants against Sh. S.K. Jain, the then PIO summoning him and enforcing his attendance before the commission.

As per provisions under section 18(3), while inquiring into any matters under Section-18, the Information Commission have the same powers as are vested in a civil court while trying a suit under the Code of Civil Procedure, in respect of the following matters, namely:—

(a) summoning and enforcing the attendance of persons and compel them to give oral or written evidence on oath and to produce the documents or things;

(b) requiring the discovery and inspection of documents;

©receiving evidence on affidavit;

(d) requisitioning any public record or copies thereof from any court or office;

(e) issuing summons for examination of witnesses or documents; and any other matter which may be prescribed.

soni.rajender

I had not received any affidavit from PIO, also I have not signed on any document, I have gone there for the inspection, but on that day a minister was coming in Rewari, so the PIO was busy there, later on also, I had visited his office few times, but he was not there.

Please suggest.

jps50

You may inform the Commission facts regarding non- inspection so that matter can be taken up on next date.