RTI VIdeos

Visit our New RTI Videos. Click here!

News Ticker
akhilesh yadav

While Omar failed, Guv wasted no time in invoking Section 4 of RTI Act in J&K

akhilesh yadav

JAMMU, Jan 31: The J&K Right to Information Act (RTI) will complete its six years of its enactment in the state after one month. As this progressive and pro-people legislation is enforced in state from last almost six years, the previous state government led by Omar Abdullah continued to take this law for granted and thus avoided the responsibilities which had been conferred upon them under the provisions of this Act.

Read more at: While Omar failed, Guv wasted no time in invoking Section 4 of RTI Act in J&K - Early Times Newspaper Jammu Kashmir

akhilesh yadav

[h=1]After CIC rap, govt orders voluntary disclosures under RTI Act[/h]Srinagar: With most of the 26 departments and authorities in the state yet to disclose voluntary information under Right to Information (RTI) Act, the government on Tuesday directed all the concerned officials to immediately ensure the disclosures as per the transparency law.

“The Administrative Secretaries, Divisional Commissioners, Heads of Departments and Deputy Commissioners are impressed to ensure that all the departments, administrative as well as line departments, disclose Information in terms of Section 4 (l)(b) of the Right to formation Act, 2009,” said M. A. Bukhari, Commissioner Secretary to the General Administration Department in an order issued here.

Read at: After CIC rap, govt orders voluntary disclosures under RTI Act | Kashmir Reader

akhilesh yadav

Govt snubs deptts for ignoring RTI

‘Jammu, Feb 10: The state government has once again snubbed the departments over their failure to go for voluntary disclosure of information under Right to Information Act.

It has been observed that most of the departments are still deficient with regard to hosting the requisite information on their official websites, and in some cases, the official websites are not being updated on regular basis, a fresh GAD circular issued on Tuesday observed.

A similar circular was issued by the government last month (Jan 27), asking the administrative secretaries to implement provisions of the Act in “letter and spirit” to ensure transparency and accountability.

Read at: Govt snubs deptts for ignoring RTI Lastupdate:- Wed, 11 Feb 2015 18:30:00 GMT GreaterKashmir.com

Sajib Nandi

After CIC rap, govt orders voluntary disclosures under RTI Act

After CIC rap, govt orders voluntary disclosures under RTI Act | Kashmir Reader

“The Administrative Secretaries, Divisional Commissioners, Heads of Departments and Deputy Commissioners are impressed to ensure that all the departments, administrative as well as line departments, disclose Information in terms of Section 4 (l)(b) of the Right to formation Act, 2009,” said M. A. Bukhari, Commissioner Secretary to the General Administration Department in an order issued here.

“(They should) ensure that their official websites are created/made functional immediately. They shall also ensure that these websites shall be updated on daily basis.”

• Similar Content

• Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      Can the General Diary of the police station where particulars of "All the details in r/o criminals arrested and entry of arrival/departure of all enrolled police officers on duty with nature of their duties, duty performed and places visited etc."   are maintained be inspected and photo copies sought from a particular police station under RTI?
      Is there any particular clause/section that needs to be quoted for inspection under RTI? Any format available for inspection under RTI?
    • Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      The person in the article below is me. I had a corporation official visit my house with the RTI and asking for my whereabouts. However the PIO has sent a reply on 8/5/19  stating that AE Div 170 is the person responsible for inspecting the banners on the particular stretch. It is after finalising this reply that I had got a call from AE Div 170 on 8/5/19 evening and a person visited my house on 9/5/19. The reply sent by PIO dated 8/5/19 was received on 11/5/19.
      Further The AE has stated that he has inspected the stretch and removed illegal banners immediately. However I have material evidence that the banners remained in the same place from afternoon till late night. Only the persons who kept the banner had removed them. So can I penalise the PIO for providing false and incorrect information. 

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy