- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
BHUBANESWAR: Wonder kid Budhia Singh's mother Sukanti Singh on Thursday challenged the Khurda district Child Welfare Committee's (CWC) decision to restrict the little boy's proposed walkathon from Bhubaneswar to Kolkata.
Sukanti's statement came amidst the controversy as to whether the kid should be allowed to undertake a marathon walk covering 500 km during the peak summer or not. She questioned the CWC's authority to put such a restriction on the event planned by the Budhia Singh Trust (BST).
â€œWho is the CWC to ban Budhia's marathon walk? The Orissa government had never come to our rescue when Budhia and two of my daughters were starvingâ€, she told reporters here.
She said she had put ten questions to the government through RTI (Right to Information) Act. She submitted her questionnaire with the women and child development department asking how much money the CWC or the government had spent on the welfare of her son.
â€œIf they have not spent a single pie for the child, how can the government or the CWC put restriction without consulting meâ€, she asked.
â€œBudhia is my only son and I hope that the boy would bring laurel for the nation by sticking to long distance running. As a mother I have no objection to his running or walking long distances. I do not understand, why the government puts so many hurdles on the child's growthâ€, she said.
Sukanti Singh, presently working in a private educational institution, said she was contemplating on moving court if the government did not stop â€œmeddlingâ€ in the activities of Budhia and his mentor Biranchi Das.
â€œI will take a decision after getting reply to my ten questionsâ€, she said.
Budhia's mother challenges Govt ban on his walkathon - Newindpress.com
Is it possible to get IT Returns of any individual whether working in public/ private company through RTI by just providing the name of the individual & name of the company in which he is working.(his PAN CARD no. Is not known).
Sent from RTI INDIA Mobile App