- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Ar ethe budget paper of the government an official secret?
I had asked about a lawyer being present when I am being shown documents by a bank. Actually what I had in mind was an income tax consultant or a chartered accountant being present because they can advise me regarding framing further queries. I have now been told that since I have asked the question, they will show the document only to me and not to an outsider - not even anyone from the bank itself. They want to know under what section of the RTI Act, I am asking for an outsider to be present.