News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Rajiv A Datta.

' Deduct infro officer's salary for RTI lapses ' »» SOURCE'S ,TIMES OF INDIA ,MUMBAI/ THANE ,pg -8 S

Rajiv A Datta.

@ rajivdatta

1423882060562.jpg

karira

‘Deduct info officer’s salary for RTI lapses’

MUMBAI: Reminding state government agencies that the office of the chief information commissioner is akin to a civil court, the general administration department has expressly told department heads to ensure that penalties imposed on public information officers (PIOs), failing to deliver on RTI complaints, are recovered from their salaries. It has directed department heads to recover the amount either in one go or in a maximum of three instalments.

The Right to Information Act, 2005, under Section 20(1), allows the central information commissioner or state information commissioner to impose a penalty on the PIO while deciding on a complaint or a second appeal. Penalty can be imposed if the PIO has refused to receive an application, not furnished the requested information within 30 days of receiving the application, if it is found that the decision to deny information is mala fide, knowingly given incorrect or incomplete or misleading information, destroyed information or obstructed in any manner in furnishing the information.

The amount of penalty to be charged is Rs 250 per day till the information is furnished and the maximum penalty is Rs 25,000. The penalty has to be paid by the PIO from her/his salary. The First Appellate Authority or the Public Authority are not subjected to any penalty clause under the RTI Act.

Read More: ?Deduct info officer?s salary for RTI lapses? - The Times of India

akhilesh yadav

AURANGABAD: The Maharashtra government has fixed the responsibility of collecting fines imposed on public information officers (PIOs) on the accounts officers or heads of public institutions concerned. The dues will be recovered in three installments from the salaries of the PIOs or as per orders issued by the State Information Commission (SIC).

Read at: State government to ensure recovery of fines from errant PIOs - The Times of India

karira

The Maharashtra Govt. circular regarding deduction of penalty from officers salary, referred to in the above news report, is attached to this post.

Maharashtra Govt circular.pdf

• Similar Content

• Shree Vathsan
      By Shree Vathsan
      I had sought details of loan and copies of agreement entered with World Bank, JICA etc. of IT Expressway Chennai (created in partnership with Govt of TN) However the PIO has replied that they have moved out of world bank loan and taken loan from other banks details of which cannot be disclosed under 8(1) d of RTI Act citing "commercial confidence".
      However the IT Expressway is a public limited company having entered into agreement with Govt of TN and others for developing and maintaining a particular stretch of road.

Kindly help me frame a good first appeal.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using RTI INDIA mobile app

• humhongeykamyaab
      By humhongeykamyaab
      Namaskaram.
      Can i use RTI to redress the following situation? It is pertaining to Illegal Recovery of Pension- by a very well known PSB (Public sector Bank).
      This is a highly escalated case and sub-judice case; Bank is recovering the Pension without a order of recovery from any competent authority. After exhausting all redressal mechanisms, a letter was written to the Chariman of the PSB- with verifiable facts - and copied to the CVO - chief vigilance officer of the bank to initiate the investigation. The bank is protecting its own staffers who are responsible for the mess and it is stonewalling all such requests for investigation. The said letter was written in January 2017- for which no response was received either from the Chariman's office or the CVO. On following up on phone with the Chariman's office and CVO's office- they did not have any record of the letter written to them.
      Another complaint was written to the CVO of the bank a month back- again on following up with the officer designate, they were non-committal of the response. The complaint is not even acknowledged, no reference number is generated, no guidelines exist about the duration under which the investigation would be completed.....in fact the whole process of addressing the issues to CVO is a hogwash (perceptibly, in my experience) as nothing comes out of the process.
      On the contrary - letters written to the CVC are acknowledged with complaint numbers/ reference numbers and there is a guideline for finishing the investigation in a fixed time period.

My Question is: 
      Can I use RTI in the above case & how? What should be the questions that I should frame? 
      If you need any further inputs, please let me know.
      thank you everyone.
      Regards,
      Andy

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy