- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Can i use RTI to redress the following situation? It is pertaining to Illegal Recovery of Pension- by a very well known PSB (Public sector Bank).
This is a highly escalated case and sub-judice case; Bank is recovering the Pension without a order of recovery from any competent authority. After exhausting all redressal mechanisms, a letter was written to the Chariman of the PSB- with verifiable facts - and copied to the CVO - chief vigilance officer of the bank to initiate the investigation. The bank is protecting its own staffers who are responsible for the mess and it is stonewalling all such requests for investigation. The said letter was written in January 2017- for which no response was received either from the Chariman's office or the CVO. On following up on phone with the Chariman's office and CVO's office- they did not have any record of the letter written to them.
Another complaint was written to the CVO of the bank a month back- again on following up with the officer designate, they were non-committal of the response. The complaint is not even acknowledged, no reference number is generated, no guidelines exist about the duration under which the investigation would be completed.....in fact the whole process of addressing the issues to CVO is a hogwash (perceptibly, in my experience) as nothing comes out of the process.
On the contrary - letters written to the CVC are acknowledged with complaint numbers/ reference numbers and there is a guideline for finishing the investigation in a fixed time period.
My Question is:
Can I use RTI in the above case & how? What should be the questions that I should frame?
If you need any further inputs, please let me know.
thank you everyone.
I require help on co-operative issue. I had filed the RTI with the PIO, Dy registrar of co-op societies seeking information on affairs of society.
The PIO has replied stating that the information I am seeking is available with co-operative society. My query is:
1] Can PIO direct an applicant to private body for information?
2] The society in question comes under the jurisdiction of the PIO, since PIO is public authority and co-operative society a private body, is it not duty of PIO to seek information from society and give it to me? How can PIO direct me back to society? This is RTI application, either I have to appeal or I have to forego. I cannot complaint against reply. So I want to approach FAA, under what grounds can I?
3] What kind of violation PIO has committed by directing me back to private society?
4] Does co-operative society come under the purview of RTI ACt?
Your views are appreciated. I am fighting lone battle with corrupt system.