News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
james vasath

Can i file for rti for this?

Question

james vasath

Hello,

I have filed case against my in-laws under dvla act... How i need prove that i lived in that address with my husband and in-laws... is that possible to apply RTI to RATION CARD DEPARTMENT.....

7 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Voter card, Ration card, letters received from parents with your address with such envelopes, receipt of other correspondence from Public authority, if State Govt., has conducted any survey of house hold (many state govts. house hold survey), List of Voters available in State CEO website, if husband is a Govt employee information about his marriage and leave letters. Bank Account Joint or single by wife. If there is a cell phone such call list inward/outward from any service provider. If any appliances are purchased guarantee cards.

If your name is included in Ration card, a copy of such ration card, or information available in website of that Civil supply. This is easiest, and even without waiting for prescribed period, application can be hand delivered and information in certified copies can be collected from Ration card issued authority.

james vasath

Can u pls explain in detail how to get a copy of ration card from civil supply....will this be a certified copies.....pls explain me in step by step process to get this....Thanks in advance for ur timely help.....

Prasad GLN

If you want any information from any Public authority, you have to first find out as to whether the state prescribed any format for RTI Application and if prescribed your application should be in same format. Further payment of RTI fee is compulsory and different states prescribed different modes of payments of RTI fee like Adhesive Court fee stamp, Indian Postal order, Bank demand draft, and in whose name the payment should be made is important. However if Adhesive court fee has been prescribed by state it is the best option for Central Indian postal order is best option. The general information is given in a format for understanding the application. "First go through RTI guide to know fee and format.

Application dt.............seeking information under RTI Act filed

Before State Publilc Information officer ( Here mention SPIO or CPIO and Public authority's address)

RTI fee: Generally Rs.10/- (if adhesive court stamp is available it is the best option as you need not write any thing and can just paste on TOP RIGHT hand portion of your application.

Applicant: Name of applicant with full postal address.

Brief Facts: any basic references and details that helps PIO to lay his hands in that specific record. For example you can mention Ration card No....Name appearing in Ration card.....Ward No....Fair Price Shop No.......address.

Information solicited:: (always give specific number to points and avoid why, what etc interrogatories and seek that information which is available on record of that Public authority and it must not be exempted under Sec.8 & 9 (General objection is Third party information, invasion on privacy of others)

In your case.

1.Please provide me certified copy of Ration card No........and I am one of the family member and require for a Court matter.

Place

Date......................Applicant.

(Always send application by Regd., post, paste postal receipt on office copy of your application for further appeal procedure. If you prefer adhesive court fee, xerox it after affixing such fee court fee stamp for retaining as your office copy)

james vasath

Sir I am from chennai can pls provide me the address of public authority address...I don't have my ration card no will that be problem....is this a normal hand written letter FROM, TO, SUBJECT am I right?.....sorry for asking too many questions I am zero in all these government processes. Thanks in advance

james vasath

Sir I am from chennai can u pls provide me the address of public authority address...I don't have my ration card no will that be a problem....is this a normal hand written letter FROM, TO, SUBJECT am I right?.....and about adhesive court stamps can i get from local post office. How long do I need to wait for getting this copy.... sorry for asking too many questions I am zero in all these government processes. Thanks in advance

CTFORGK2
Sir I am from chennai can u pls provide me the address of public authority address...I don't have my ration card no will that be a problem....is this a normal hand written letter FROM, TO, SUBJECT am I right?.....and about adhesive court stamps can i get from local post office. How long do I need to wait for getting this copy.... sorry for asking too many questions I am zero in all these government processes. Thanks in advance

Read & follow in full below link

Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department

If any problems in following process given in link or unnecessary delay , then post your SPECIFIC problem and ask honble members for next way.

Until you start following process what can rti do ?

koteswararaonerella

when you have filed 498 case of dowry harrassment , you must have generally consulted and advocate who will be able to guide you / advise you to get the required documents if any. you should not act independently without an expert advise.