sshil1

First appelate authority response time limit from submission

Question

sshil1

Hello,

I have submitted my first appeal regarding ICAR NET with Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) Hqrs. on 21/1/2015 & it was forwarded to the CONCERNED FIRST APPELLATE AUTHORITY as on 21/01/2015 (Appellate Authority Details :- Telephone Number:- 01125846730, Email Id:- nsrandhawa.icar@nic.in).

But until today the authority did not respond to my first appeal.

I want to know what I should do as one month from appeal is over, or what is the time limit that first appellate authority should respond.

thanks in advance

4 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

Welcome to RTI INDIA PORTAL. Thank you for choosing RTI INDIA PORTAL.

Please click the following link and read through the topics:

RTI Information

Please do not post in to multiple forums or start multiple threads. You need to study links on home page of this website and then start drafting RTI for common problem of specific issues etc. You can post draft RTI application on this portal so that our members can refine it. Thus you will be having working knowledge of RTI over a period of time. Please also visit this website often and peruse queries and replies by our members, which will make you comfortable with RTI.

Dear Member, in addition,

To explore about RTI kindly refer following links

(A) Download RTI Forms

(B) How to Become RTI Activist

© How to file RTI Online

(D) Centre / State RTI Rules and Fees

(E) Case laws of RTI

Regard & Best Wishes.

Manoj B.Patel

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member,

As per section 19(6) of RTI Act,- An appeal under sub-section (1) or sub-section (2) shall be disposed of within thirty days of the receipt of the appeal or within such extended period not exceeding a total of forty-five days from the date of filing thereof, as the case may be, for reasons to be recorded in writing.

So, kindly wait up to 45 days.

Prasad GLN

Consider transit time and wait for 55 days from date of posting your first appeal. Your case becomes stronger only in case of deemed denials.

However if information is important, you can file a polite reminder as second appeals costs heavy delay, waste of energy and costs without certainity of decision.

You can also explore possibility of filing complaint under sec. 18 without waiting for FAA orders, as receipt of your appeal gives a warning signal to them, that applicant is not ignorning follow up action.

(But what about PIO and whether information was provided or not, or provided information is not relevant, not correct, not complete you have not stated...as this is crucial)

koteswararaonerella

maxumum time limit permissible to FAA is 45 days + 5 to 7 days you can add for transit delay you wait till first week of march and if there is no reply then go for second appeal.