- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
By akhilesh yadav
NEW DELHI: Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee has written to lieutenant governor Najeeb Jung asking him to exempt Sikh women from wearing helmets. To claim the exemption, they cited an RTI reply from Delhi Police as proof showing that no Sikh woman had died in a motorbike accident last year.
Avtar Singh Sethi, president of Delhi Sikh Citizen's Council said that he had filed the RTI to the office of special commissioner (traffic), Taj Hassan. Traffic cops then asked them toapproach the district police who replied that no data of a Sikh woman being killed in a fatal accident was received by them.
The groups also wrote to the LG asking him to exempt Sikh women from wearing helmets since it would be hurting their religious sentiments.
Read more: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Gurdwara-body-opposes-helmet-rule-for-women/articleshow/35965581.cms
This article has been posted at our Law segment. To read the full article follow this link: Man ran pillar to post to know BSNL complaint redressal mechanism
BSNL delayed responding to an RTI applicant by more than one and half years which sought to know the BSNL complaint redressal mechanism itself and then provided information a day before the case was listed for hearing at Central Information…Read more ›
The law segment is available here RTI INDIA
Read the complete article here...