CHRISTOPHER DE MELLO

What is the time limit to collect the information from the Public Information Officer?

Question

CHRISTOPHER DE MELLO

Hello,

The Public Information Officer has asked me to collect the Information before the 11th March 2015. I received the letter today the 9th March 2015. The letter was posted to me by speed post on the 7th March 2015. I had written the letter to the PIO on the 10th Feb 2015.

5 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

It is not compulsory for applicant to collect the information in person. If you have time and office of PIO is in local city/town then you can collect the information at any time. You can also request the PIO to send the information to your address by speed post.

Krishna nlr

I would request not to collect this information by hand and as per my knowledge there is no time limit to collect the information from PIO. Kindly write an return letter to PIO saying that please send it to register post only...if it's too much weight then you can collect it by showing this letter.

koteswararaonerella

You can write to PIO that under no provisions of the RTI Act the applicant need to collect INFORMATION personally from PIO and ask him to post it in speed post/Regd.post as per the act. as is being done by the other PIOs

karira

To which public authority does the PIO belong ?

State or Centre ?

If state, Which State ?

In some State RTI rules, the applicant has to pay postal charges. The PIo might ask you for postal charges.

Just write back to the PIO and ask him to send the information by Registered/Speed post.

If he asks you for postage charges, check the RTI Rules for tht state and pay if the rules prescribe for it.

Prasad GLN

Are you local?

Paid the prescribed copying fee as demanded by PIO ?

Have you received reply within 30 days of receipt from PIO ?

Have you asked for specific documents alone ?

Have you got a difficulty in speaking over phone to PIO and asking them to send by local speed post which is cheaper ?

Have you got any difficulty in sending a representative or collecting yourself tomorrow ?

(When PIO wants to provide the copies, let us not drag the issue and close the issue by making suitable alterations in our programes if copies are urgent and important)