- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
RBI sought exclusion from RTI: Govt. doesnot finance us!
The Right to Information Act (RTI) covers all bodies owned, controlled or â€˜substantially financedâ€™ by the government. Which should be clear enough, but the Reserve Bank of India didnâ€™t think so. It sought exclusion from the scanner, contending, â€œWe do not come under the Act, as we are the sole financier of the government; the government does not finance us!â€
In response, the Central Information Commission has firmly put the Bank in its place by reminding it that RBI was constituted by an Act of Parliament and was therefore squarely within the lawâ€™s purview.
There are several projects prepared by research institute and several research results recorded in such institutes which are normally supplied with a price. Can I apply for that information under RTI?