- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
I want to know that I have got information from Nagar nigam, Can I use it as an evidence in the court of law? What are the provisions related to that?
The recent report of the CSE regarding the use of high levels of pesticides in soft drinks has now prompted a group of well-known names from various fields to go the RTI route.
On Friday, several activists including Prof Yashpal (former chairman UGC), Aruna Roy (RTI activist), Arundhati Roy, Shanti Bhushan, Arvind Kejriwal and Sandeep Pande (both Magsaysay winners) were present at the inauguration of the RTI kiosk in Jantar Mantar.
Prof Yashpal and Aruna Roy proceeded to file requests for information under the RTI Act to several government agencies on the occasion.
The questions addressed to the Central Ground Water Board, Central Pollution Control Board, Ministry of Environment and Ministry of Food Processing, covered a gamut of issues, including how much water is being extracted by the soft drink bottling plants, whether the ministries had knowledge of sludge containing various chemicals in discharge of several soft drinks as well as if the government knew the amount of caffeine and aspartame being used in the colas.
Activists file RTI on cola row- The Times of India