- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
If you are under the impression that RTI Act is for the betterment of the common man, it is time that you changed your perception and wake up to the reality around you. I came across the following report while surfing the web:
" Using the Right to Information Act to access Ministry files and armed with petitions from MPs, Congress MP Naveen Jindal is campaigning for the Railways to purchase rails from his Jindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL) but the Ministry isnâ€™t buying. "
Full details of this story are available in the online edition of The Indian Express dated November 28, 2006.
By sunil sri
recently i asked information on the letter head of a simity but the same was denied on the following grounds:
not a natural citizen ;
letter head cannot be used.
However, i came to know that cic in its judgement has permitted the companies to seek information by using letter head.
let me know, whether i can appeal by using the recent judgement.
also please provide me the judgement.