akhilesh yadav

Touts eat into welfare benefits, earn cash on freebies in Tamil Nadu

akhilesh yadav

"The thalayari or village head is at the bottom first. Above him are village administrative officers, revenue inspectors and tahsildars, who form the hierarchy,'' says Karpagam. K Ramamoorthy, a Coimbatore-based RTI activist, said 600-odd beneficiaries of free food processors and grinders were left out in Neelambur panchayat, allegedly after freebies meant for them were diverted.

"Only green ration card holders are eligible. But the freebies were given to white card holders also. After I filed an RTI seeking the list of beneficiaries, they hurriedly distributed mixies and grinders to green card holders who were left out," he alleged.

Read at: Touts eat into welfare benefits, earn cash on freebies in Tamil Nadu - The Times of India

• Similar Content

• Raj7
      By Raj7
      Hi,
      After along search found this community, thanks for sharing RTI related info.
      I filed RTI application last month, My RTI application rejected by PIO with an answer "questions cannot be answered under RTI"
      I filed RTI application in "Tamil language" my RTI is regarding the procedure for registration of land in that area, PIO-sub registrer.

questions              1) இந்த கிராமத்தில் நிலம் வாங்க /விற்க வட்டாட்சியரின் அனுமதி பெற வேண்டுமா/ வேண்டாமா?
                                       2) இந்த கிராமத்தில் நிலம் வாங்க/ விற்க வட்டாட்சியரின் அனுமதி பெற வேண்டும் என அரசாணை உள்ளதா?

In english 1) is there any permission required from thasildar to buy/sell land in the village?
                         2) Are there any GO's available regarding permission required from thasildar to buy/sell land?

Kindly help should I redraft the application or go for first appeal?

Thanks
    • karira
      By karira
      Posted on chennaionline.com on 25 May 2008:
      CIC unhappy over non-disclosure of welfare schemes to artisans
      CIC unhappy over non-disclosure of welfare schemes to artisans

New Delhi, May 25 The Central Information Commission (CIC) has expressed displeasure over UP handicraft department's failure to provide information to an RTI applicant on Central schemes for artisans and craftsmen.
      "The department has erred as it has not cared to provide the information asked for. The details sought for have to be in the public domain so that an information seeker does not have to ask for it," Information Commissioner M M Ansari said.

The person, who asked for information, is free to seek an inspection of the entire records relating to the implementation of various schemes meant for upliftment of the artisans and craftsmen including the handloom workers, Ansari said.

In an RTI appeal before the CIC, Mohd Aasif Khan alleged that though the Centre has been providing financial support for artisans, craftsmen and weavers, the benefits were not reaching them.

He had filed an RTI plea with the department, seeking details of various schemes under which financial assistance were provided to the artisans for education, health care, housing and other incentives.

"He alleged that he has visited the CPIO's office on several occasions but of no avail. And thus he had been subjected to harassment in seeking information related to the reach of entitlements to the poorest of the poor under the Government's schemes," Ansari noted.

The apex transparency panel said that the information -- to be furnished to the applicant -- should be utilised for ensuring the reach of entitlements to the beneficiaries under the Act.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy