- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Mumbai Police yet to receive money from Wankhde Stadium for the security provided in the last 17 matchesBy rohitab
Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) is yet to pay their dues to Mumbai Police for the security provided in the last 17 matches played at the Wankhde Stadium in Mumbai.
Mumbai-based RTI activist Anil Galgali had filed the query under RTI to Mumbai Police asking how much MCA owes to them for utilizing their services. Information provided to Galgali by the police department, raised everyone's eyebrows as amount has crossed Rs 13 crore.
The Public Information Officer and Asst Police Commissioner (Coordination) Tanaji Surulkar provided the information compiled by the Bandobast Division that, including the 3 ICC World Twenty20, Women's World Cup, Test Match, Practice Match & One Day Match, 17 matches were played in Mumbai for which charged amounting to Rs 13,41,74,177, which is still pending for last 62 months.
On top of it, police department has not charged interest to them. The working style of police department not charging interest to MCA has raised several questions.
As I can see from the Act the principal aim of the act seems to motivate people and encouraging them to have information about the working of the system to see that it works efficiently.
But it is said that poverty alleviation is also the aim of this act. I cannot forsee how that can be achieved?